EA testing reliability

I've tested many of the most popular EAs for MT4 with ICMarkets 1:500 demo and the results generally do not line up with the accounts of the provider, many ending with blown accounts. Is forward testing is only way to get genuine results?

richhand:
I've tested many of the most popular EAs for MT4 with ICMarkets 1:500 demo and the results generally do not line up with the accounts of the provider, many ending with blown accounts. Is forward testing is only way to get genuine results?

You don't expect a serious answer in such a general question, do you?

You have to come up with your own conclusion. Keep testing and you will be able to make your own decision on how to perceive back testing and forward testing, which EA's you can trust and which EA's you wont be able to trust. Also you should read all the reviews available for that specific EA. you will find out not everyone is happy with that particular EA. 

Eleni Anna Branou:

You don't expect a serious answer in such a general question, do you?

I expect feedback on the reliability people have found after testing the EAs on this site. The reliability over a year of testing often comes to a different conclusion than the providers account snapshot or reviews generally show.  

richhand:

I expect feedback on the reliability people have found after testing the EAs on this site. The reliability over a year of testing often comes to a different conclusion than the providers account snapshot or reviews generally show.  

People may give feedback on how reliable an EA might be, but how would you know how reliable the people giving the feedback are?

Of course you don't know. Those with an agenda will not tell you the truth.

Well in conclusion it now seems obvious that back testing and reviews of EAs are usually a complete waste of time. 95% of reviews are written by over zealous newbies after 2 days of profitable trades and back testing is misleading. Forward testing is the only way to go but should be done for many months with a demo account. 95% of EAs on here are garbage with manipulated signal accounts. It would be useful if MQL5 vetted such. Is the $ more important than a good reputation..