Requested New Account with no Broker?

Hi everybody. So I'm totally new to the process of starting a real account in MT5 and I think I may have missed a step in the application process. I've been trading in the demo for a couple of months and decided that I was ready to open a real account. I put in the request through the MT5 platform on my laptop, but where it asked for the broker's information, it wouldn't change from "MetaQuotes Software Corp." I did this on Monday (4 days ago) and it did say that someone would reach out soon to complete the process, and I got the message in my MT5 inbox with the login info. I'm just curious as to how long this process usually takes and/or whether or not I missed a step in the registration process. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BILYOU2020:
Hi everybody. So I'm totally new to the process of starting a real account in MT5 and I think I may have missed a step in the application process. I've been trading in the demo for a couple of months and decided that I was ready to open a real account. I put in the request through the MT5 platform on my laptop, but where it asked for the broker's information, it wouldn't change from "MetaQuotes Software Corp." I did this on Monday (4 days ago) and it did say that someone would reach out soon to complete the process, and I got the message in my MT5 inbox with the login info. I'm just curious as to how long this process usually takes and/or whether or not I missed a step in the registration process. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Metaquotes are not a broker

MT5 is just a terminal that you can link to your brokers accounts.

Find a broker, open and account, then use the login details they provide to access it from the MT5 terminal

regards

Definitely appreciate the response. My question now is, where did my information go? I submitted copies of my photo ID and a bank statement and got an email confirmation that someone would be contacting me to finish setting up the account...

BILYOU2020:
Definitely appreciate the response. My question now is, where did my information go? I submitted copies of my photo ID and a bank statement and got an email confirmation that someone would be contacting me to finish setting up the account...

to do that you must have had an email address or connected to a company website, so what company was it...

That's the thing... I wasn't connected to any other site. I was logged in here and that's it. I was on MT5 in the demo account like always, then I went to the file tab, chose the 'Open an Account' option and entered my information from there. When it asked for a broker's name, I tried typing in a couple different names and when I hit search, it would just go back to 'MetaQuotes Software Corp.' which I understand is not a broker soooo....I'm confused. Why would it allow me to submit documentation, then give me the confirmation email without choosing a broker first?