Hosted Server Won't Start

After moving one of my hosted servers from one account to another, the server won't start.

I've tried restarting it from my account dashboard, where clicking on "Start" changes the status icon to 'running' but in the terminal it is not showing as running.

I have also tried starting it from the terminal where the "start command" message is logged in the journal followed a few minutes later by "status is 'stopped'" and the status in the terminal stays as the stopped icon.

Server ID is 6122742.

I would have thought this should be a service request, but apparently they have to do with cash only!  I might try posting it there as well anyway.

If it is about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so everything should be written in Virtual Platform Logs here.

Besides, the market is closed on weekends, and many brokers 9and services) can start on Monday in different time for example.

Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5 Help
Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Ping in milliseconds displaying the network delay between the virtual server and the trade server of your broker. Information on how much ping on the virtual platform is less than that on the local one is also shown here. Lower network latency provides better condition for the execution of trading operations, such as reduced slippage and...

Sergey Golubev:

If it is about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so everything should be written in Virtual Platform Logs here.

Besides, the market is closed on weekends, and many brokers 9and services) can start on Monday in different time for example.

If I can't get the server started how on earth do you expect me to inspect its logs?

I have never had problems starting hosted servers even at the weekend (and in fact the market was open at the time I reported the issue).

Wayside48:

If I can't get the server started how on earth do you expect me to inspect its logs?

I have never had problems starting hosted servers even at the weekend (and in fact the market was open at the time I reported the issue).

Performing your first synchronization/migration should force your MQL5 VPS to start.

If that doesn't work, move your MQL5 VPS to another server and try again.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Performing your first synchronization/migration should force your MQL5 VPS to start.

If that doesn't work, move your MQL5 VPS to another server and try again.

Thank you for having read and understood the problem :-).  Yes, the migration has forced it to start.  I did try that last night and it didn't work, but now has, so thank you.  Seems odd that the "start" command didn't work, but I'll know in future.