Adding shift to indicator - page 2

cuneytates: "lazy butt" ? What kind of admin are you? Why almost every admin of metatrader are rude, i really dont understand. He is kindly asking simple question ! You may show solutions instead you order to learn 5000 pages MT4 code book huh?

First of all, you are responding to a post that is a year old! Why?

Second, he is not an "admin" nor a "moderator". Just look at his "badge on the left and you will see that. He is a normal user.

Third, he is a "power" coder of MQL and knows what he is doing and his guidance is usually quite relevant and useful.

However, I fully understand that his personality does not always agree with everyone, and that he can rub people the wrong way, but sometimes being "politically correct" with people does not actually help them. Sometimes, his more "direct" answers are actually quite applicable and true, even if they seem a little "tough".

cuneytates:

He is kindly asking simple question ! You may show solutions instead you order to learn 5000 pages MT4 code book huh?

He was not told to learn 5000 pages of anything.

It was suggested that he study the ichimoku indicator as it shifts the buffer lines.

He totally ignored the suggestion.

By simply giving people the solutions, they don't need to put in any effort themselves and often learn nothing. So many times I have given people the solution and yet they are posting again later with the exact same error.

Keith Watford:

He was not told to learn 5000 pages of anything.

It was suggested that he study the ichimoku indicator as it shifts the buffer lines.

He totally ignored the suggestion.

By simply giving people the solutions, they don't need to put in any effort themselves and often learn nothing. So many times I have given people the solution and yet they are posting again later with the exact same error.

Even if he had told him to go read all 5000 pages of documentation, there would still be nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

I certainly had to read a great deal of it in the beginning, even with my C++ background. Hell, I still keep going back to it over and over, every time I do something new I have not done for a while.

So, it certainly would not be a bad idea to have all newbies read it over superficially, at least once, just for them to have an overall idea of things. It should be a forum prerequisite rule! 😂

Nope, i realized the problem:

1- First; admins or moderotors or superuser etc are tired of replying questions. They may be right but instead using bad words they could be in silence and no response. This is forum ! Admins according to me must watch the traffic and doesnt need to reply every messages.

2- Some "admins" trying to push to people freelance area for money. Yes %10 of 30 USD is equal = 3 usd and nothing but if 10K people goes that area and it makes 30K usd and that sound good.

Privite reply to Mr Carreiro; you said "you are responding to a post that is a year old! Why?"

You dont understand really?

Try this; before to posting something, i am looking past posts so may be my question might already answered so i dont ask new question and dont see rude sentences like "lazy butt" of admins.

Dont mad with me, this is free forum, i am kindly learning something but as a 48 years old newbie coder, bad words or unfair criticisms doesnt something that i want to see.

Please doesnt response of my questions furthermore unless i went outside of forum rules or to be rude guy.

Thank you and have a nice days sirs.

cuneytates: 1- First; admins or moderotors or superuser etc are tired of replying questions. They may be right but instead using bad words they could be in silence and no response. This is forum ! Admins according to me must watch the traffic and doesnt need to reply every messages.

2- Some "admins" trying to push to people freelance area for money. Yes %10 of 30 USD is equal = 3 usd and nothing but if 10K people goes that area and it makes 30K usd and that sound good.

...  and dont see rude sentences like "lazy butt" of admins.

Do you still not understand that he is NOT an admin, he is NOT a moderator, he is NOT a freelance coder on the site, he does not sell products, nor signals and he does NOT work for MetaQuotes. He is a normal user like you are me! Do you understand what this means?

This code might be helpful. In this case the code is for an Alligator indicator which draws moving average lines 1 and 2 candles ahead.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Alligator initialization function                                |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int init()
  {
//---- line shifts when drawing
   SetIndexShift(0,JawsShift);
   SetIndexShift(1,TeethShift);
   SetIndexShift(2,LipsShift);
//---- first positions skipped when drawing
   SetIndexDrawBegin(0,JawsShift+JawsPeriod);
   SetIndexDrawBegin(1,TeethShift+TeethPeriod);
   SetIndexDrawBegin(2,LipsShift+LipsPeriod);
//---- 3 indicator buffers mapping
   SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtBlueBuffer);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtRedBuffer);
   SetIndexBuffer(2,ExtLimeBuffer);
//---- drawing settings
   SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE);
//---- index labels
   SetIndexLabel(0,"Gator Jaws");
   SetIndexLabel(1,"Gator Teeth");
   SetIndexLabel(2,"Gator Lips");
//---- initialization done
   return(0);
  }

Roberto Dasso #: This code might be helpful.

Please edit your post and use the CODE button (Alt-S)! (For large amounts of code, attach it.)
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum (2019)
          Messages Editor