MT4 Is this possible to add default comment for every order? default

Is there any way to add a default comment for every trade, i have a EA but the comments are adding the name of the EA? I would like to have the settings automatically hide that for every future trade the bot places?

The coding has to be modified to specify the User Comment. You can do a variety of types of User custom comments when it is an input.

For example noting a User code to ID the EA for yourself + a timeframe, etc.

Michael Maggi:

The coding has to be modified to specify the User Comment. You can do a variety of types of User custom comments when it is an input.

For example noting a User code to ID the EA for yourself + a timeframe, etc.

Hey thank your for response, how would i do this?

In future please post in the correct section.

I will move this to the MQL4 and MT4 section

Jordon_Tucker: Hey thank your for response, how would i do this?

Do you have the source code? Then do what Michael suggests: modify the code. That is how you do it. Otherwise, only the owner can.

William Roeder:

Do you have the source code? Then do what Michael suggests: modify the code. That is how you do it. Otherwise, only the owner can.

ok, i don't understand the code side to MT4

Jordon_Tucker:

i think you mean the order string comments and wan't that to show blank, i'm correct? if that is the case you need to modify the OrderSend(...) function which is for example a sell order;

The part marked in yellow you leave completely blank
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,5,Bid+StopLoss*Point,Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"...",MagicNumber,0,Red);

Jordon_Tucker:

As suggested, only the author can make changes, unless they supply the source code. and the comment can't be changed after the order is placed, I don't think...
How important is it to remove the comment? You could use the comment to differentiate it from other orders if you're analysing trades, for example....

andrew: You could use the comment to differentiate it from other orders if you're analysing trades, for example....
Can't modify comments.
          Metaquotes language: OrderComment() is not able to be modified - Futures Trading - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum
Not a good idea to use comments, brokers can change comments, including complete replacement.

I would say that order comments are no good unless you absolutely need to define each one of your trades for later analysis but other wise i see no reason to use it and as William wrote in post #8 the broker can also change these comments.

Analyzing trades can be done in other ways, and perhaps a good example is to have it written to a csv file