MQL4 EA Newbie Question

Hello everyone I will need to ask for your help if you don't mind. I'm trying to learn how to code in mql4 and i'm looking for a method. I would like to know the function/code line to use to enter the market according to the color of the candle (bullish, bearish) AND at a specific time. I tried to search but I can't find! Thank you and take care of yourselfs!

Rodney Widston:

Hello everyone I will need to ask for your help if you don't mind. I'm trying to learn how to code in mql4 and i'm looking for a method. I would like to know the function/code line to use to enter the market according to the color of the candle (bullish, bearish) AND at a specific time. I tried to search but I can't find! Thank you and take care of yourselfs!

Color of a candle is the result of current price minus open price of the (current) candle and for previous candles it can be calculated as close price - open price of the candle.

you can use iClose,iOpen functions.

Can anyone recommend a good FX Broker accepting US based accounts under 2k deposit?

HWilliams3420:
Can anyone recommend a good FX Broker accepting US based accounts under 2k deposit?

Discussion or recommendations about broker is not allowed in the forum.

You should make your own search online.

Rodney Widston:

There is always a good way to learn stuff and how they work

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) is a high-level language designed for developing technical indicators, trading robots and utility applications, which automate financial trading. MQL5 has been developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp. for their trading platform. The language syntax is very close to C++ enabling programmers to develop applications in...

Rodney Widston: I will need to ask for your help if you don't mind. … color of the candle (bullish, bearish) AND at a specific time
  1. Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help

Or pay someone. Top of every page is the link Freelance.
              Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum

2. EAs have no eyes. There are no colors. There is only an up candle and a down candle. Show us your code.
  3. Show us your code.