how to creat logo for EA - page 2

Eleni Anna Branou #:

You should use a drawing or photo editing software, like Photoshop or Corel Draw or something similar like Paint.net which is open source and free.

May I ask what software application you are using?

I am having trouble locating an application that Metatrader will accept. 

Jason Edward Todt #: I understand re-sizing the photo to fit the "Card", "Showcase", and "Platform" logo pixel size. But Metatrader keeps refusing my png and jpeg files. May I ask which application you use? I would like to give it a try so I may submit my first EA to the Market. I look forward to your answer. 
I use Adobe Illustrator and export to PNG (24-bit, without transparency).

Jason Edward Todt #:

I understand re-sizing the photo to fit the "Card", "Showcase", and "Platform" logo pixel size. But Metatrader keeps refusing my png and jpeg files. 

May I ask which application you use? I would like to give it a try so I may submit my first EA to the Market. 

I look forward to your answer. 

I use Paint.NET, free and open source :)

Eleni Anna Branou #:

You should use a drawing or photo editing software, like Photoshop or Corel Draw or something similar like Paint.net which is open source and free.

I have tried several applications all with no luck. May I ask which software app you are using? 

Robert Gerald Wood #:

Thank you

Fernando Carreiro #:
I use Adobe Illustrator and export to PNG (24-bit, without transparency).

Thank you. I will give this a try. 

Robert Gerald Wood #:

Thank you. I have just downloaded it and will try it first. 

Jason Edward Todt #:I have tried several applications all with no luck. May I ask which software app you are using? 

Maybe it is not about the application being used, but maybe about the final format of the file you are producing.

Export to either JPEG or a 24 bit PNG (don't use a palletized PNG nor with transparency).

And also make sure it is exactly 200 x 200 and not a single pixel more nor less.

Robert Gerald Wood #:

Finally!!!   Just to throw it out there because it may help someone. 

Paint.net worked for me and it's free. I was able to resize a photo as needed. 

NOTE: that when resizing your photo, make sure that "maintain aspect ratio" is not checked. This is where other applications did not allow me to edit my photos as this one does. 

Jason Edward Todt #: Finally!!!   Just to throw it out there because it may help someone. Paint.net worked for me and it's free. I was able to resize a photo as needed. NOTE: that when resizing your photo, make sure that "maintain aspect ratio" is not checked. This is where other applications did not allow me to edit my photos as this one does. 

That is misleading. The other applications also allow that. You were probably just not aware of HOW to do it on the other applications.

EDIT: In other words, it was PICNIC — Problem in chair, not in computer.