How to drop a trailing zero (in mql5) like Excel? - page 2

Alain Verleyen:

You got help but you didn't listen. Stop criticising people trying to help you and start to be open minded.

Who have you ever helped here ?

It's a false issue, there is absolutely no need to remove this 0, it doesn't make sense.

Roeder specifically wrote, "No free help." I did not criticize anyone actually offering help. I had tried their suggestions, but they didn't solve the issue. I thanked them. Btw, I did work it out myself. Also, you have no right to tell anyone who they may or may not criticize. I take no orders from you.

I prefer to allow those who program better than me to do the helping. That and frequent hospital stays usually prevent me from being on the forum much of the time.

It is not a "false issue." You apparently don't understand the issue. There is something different about the way mql5 saves csv files; they will not load into python code using pandas (I'm not asking for help). However, exporting to a csv file from Excel works perfectly. That is the issue.

I've learned my lesson. I will never again ask for help on this forum because people like you and Roeder just criticize those in need of a bit of help.

*Mike Drop*

Richard:

How can I drop a trailing zero from a text string (in mql5) that will be written to a csv file. For example: "0.10" to "0.1" Basically, I want to save the mql5 to the csv in the same format that Excel exports to csv.

Have you tried converting the string to double with StringToDouble(), then back using string()?  All trailing "0"s will be gone, with the exception of "0", which will become "0.0", but that's easy to deal with.