How secure is the Master Password? Does the broker still have access to the Master Password for MT5 after it is changed by the trader/user?

How secure is the Master Password? For example: does the broker still have access to the Master Password for the MT5 platform after I change the password? How can I prevent anyone else from having access to the master or investor password after it is given to the trader.

1. Of course, the broker has your password. How do you expect to keep your account save without it?
  2. Don't give it out to anyone.

JaceAce:
How secure is the Master Password? For example: does the broker still have access to the Master Password for the MT5 platform after I change the password? How can I prevent anyone else from having access to the master or investor password after it is given to the trader.

They shouldn't have, but you never know. Ethically the shouldn't have access to your personal information.

I agree with Eleni. The broker will have your password stored on their system but it will be saved as encrypted. They should not be able to see the password. If you forget it then they should NOT be able to tell you what it was but they should let you re-set it.

Eleni Anna Branou:

They shouldn't have, but you never know. Ethically the shouldn't have access to your personal information.

Thanks to all three of you for responding.

speaking from personal experience the broker can not see your password. However, they can reset it to anything they or you want, anytime. 1 time the support idiot misunderstood my request, and they reset my password without any verification that i was who i was.

Revo Trades #:
speaking from personal experience the broker can not see your password. However, they can reset it to anything they or you want, anytime. 1 time the support idiot misunderstood my request, and they reset my password without any verification that i was who i was.

Hi Revo

i have requested that my password to be change from my Broker - <...>, this is now 2 weeks and no response from them sending request daily. in your personal experience how did you get hold of them, i.e  broker, im reading mails people post and many is sitting with the same problems. 

i question Meta Trading customer loyalty if they have brokers assigned to be part of the empire and cannot deliver, im afraid that <...> is bad news for any new beginner. no Customer service, really bad

if there is more people unhappy about their service. mail me: at <...> im taking this to the media

11996053 Klaaster #:

Hi Revo

i have requested that my password to be change from my Broker - <...>, this is now 2 weeks and no response from them sending request daily. in your personal experience how did you get hold of them, i.e  broker, im reading mails people post and many is sitting with the same problems. 

i question Meta Trading customer loyalty if they have brokers assigned to be part of the empire and cannot deliver, im afraid that <...> is bad news for any new beginner. no Customer service, really bad

if there is more people unhappy about their service. mail me: at <...> im taking this to the media

Discussion about the brokers (especially the recommendations or anything related to bad or good brokers)
is prohibited on the forum.

There are several internet forums which are specialized on the discussions about the brokers so you can make a post there for example.

11996053 Klaaster #:

no one said there is any customer loyalty to meta trading software haha The only reason most traders use mt4 or mt5 is because most brokers use only 2 main platforms: that is mt4/5 OR ctrader. all of them are outdated and insecure to various degrees. These things are just something every trader has to become calouse and resistent to haha. If you can not hack the stress, then you need to get a "day job", and leave the trading and profiteering to me haha.

As for the "other peoples" with password issues, i believe that most of them will be just whingers, and half of those are drama queens, while 90% of the remainder are just "liers". But as sergey said, discussions about brokers is prohibited here, however, i often respond to these questions outside of mql site, and those i respond to and follow up on, are always resolved either by contacting the broker via phone number, OR sending email to them via the same email address that you created the mt4 account with. good luck with yours.