Automated trading with Custom Indicator

I am trying to do automated trading with a custom indicator. However, EA uses the default settings of the indicator that I downloaded from the market. In fact, it would make more sense to use the data of the indicator we uploaded on the chart. Hopefully MT5 will update the software for this.

ersan yurdakul:
I am trying to do automated trading with a custom indicator. However, EA uses the default settings of the indicator that I downloaded from the market. In fact, it would make more sense to use the data of the indicator we uploaded on the chart. Hopefully MT5 will update the software for this.
You need to set your preferred values in the iCustom call from the EA.
Of course it can be more smart calling a .set file rather than specify all variables, specially for indicators with a lot of input variables but as far as I know, at the moment, the only way is what I wrote before.

Fabio Cavalloni:
You need to set your preferred values in the iCustom call from the EA.
Of course it can be more smart calling a .set file rather than specify all variables, specially for indicators with a lot of input variables but as far as I know, at the moment, the only way is what I wrote before.

Mr. Fabio

In EA we can only write the name of the custom indicator. Example is "Market \\ TrendLine Pro Mt5". It is not possible to change its settings with EA. EA values use the values of the indicator in the indicator file. Instead, it should be used as "chart \ TrendLine Pro MT5". I think it is necessary to change the MT5 software for this.

ersan yurdakul:

Mr. Fabio

In EA we can only write the name of the custom indicator. Example is "Market \\ TrendLine Pro Mt5". It is not possible to change its settings with EA. EA values use the values of the indicator in the indicator file. Instead, it should be used as "chart \ TrendLine Pro MT5". I think it is necessary to change the MT5 software for this.

No.
Read documentation of iCustom function.

Fabio Cavalloni:
No.
Read documentation of iCustom function.

Mr. Fabio

Example I bought <Deleted> indicator from the market. This is a custom indicator. Is a separate icustom indicator made by changing the values of this?

Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iCustom
  • www.mql5.com
[in]  The name of the custom indicator, with path relative to the root directory of indicators (MQL5/Indicators/). If an indicator is located in a subdirectory, for example, in MQL5/Indicators/ [in] input-parameters of a custom indicator, separated by commas. Type and order of parameters must match. If there is no parameters specified, then...

ersan yurdakul:

Mr. Fabio

Example I bought <Deleted> indicator from the market. This is a custom indicator. Is a separate icustom indicator made by changing the values of this?

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/indicators/icustom
  • www.mql5.com
[in]  The name of the custom indicator, with path relative to the root directory of indicators (MQL5/Indicators/). If an indicator is located in a subdirectory, for example, in MQL5/Indicators/ [in] input-parameters of a custom indicator, separated by commas. Type and order of parameters must match. If there is no parameters specified, then...

That works definitly

amando:
That works definitly

Mr. Amando,

If I send you a sample, can you check it.

I tried to do it but I couldn't solve the problem ...

ersan yurdakul:

Do not double/triple post.

Your other duplicate posts have been deleted.