Is it vooddoo? Why is e-05 added at the end of some of my doubles? A search engine query didn't help. - page 2

kb4ski:
Please guys don't give up.

Hey ... 

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/math/mathisvalidnumber

Documentation on MQL5: Math Functions / MathIsValidNumber
Documentation on MQL5: Math Functions / MathIsValidNumber
  • www.mql5.com
It returns true, if the checked value is an acceptable real number. If the checked value is a plus or minus infinity, or "not a number" (NaN), the function returns false.

Okay thanks, but see the message I posted 1 minute before yours.

kb4ski:

I found something.

_Point and MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_POINT) are both = 1e-05 !?

In MQL programming, _Point is the smallest unit of price change, for example, price in EURUSD change every 0.00001, while price in GBPJPY change every 0.001.

MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_POINT):

Point size in the quote currency. For the current symbol, it is stored in the predefined variable Point

So yes, just two different ways to get the same value.

tomm73:

In MQL programming, _Point is the smallest unit of price change, for example, price in EURUSD change every 0.00001, while price in GBPJPY change every 0.001.

MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_POINT):

Point size in the quote currency. For the current symbol, it is stored in the predefined variable Point

So yes, just two different ways to get the same value.

What? You didn't explain why I get the useless value 1e-05 instead of 0.00001 or 0.001.

kb4ski:

What? You didn't explain why I get the useless value 1e-05 instead of 0.00001 or 0.001.

He did, in fact more helpfull guys did.

Do yourself a favor and read the damn wikipedia link.

kb4ski:

Wow, okay. I give up. Reread everything I wrote from the beginning. All your questions are long answered.

tomm73:
Wow, okay. I give up. Reread everything I wrote from the beginning. All your questions are long answered.
Enrique Dangeroux:

He did, in fact more helpfull guys did.

Do yourself a favor and read the damn wikipedia link.

Why don't I get the numerical notation like I'm supposed to?  Knowing that it's the same thing doesn't explain why it breaks my code.

Sorry. Looks like there was no supernatural explanation this time. I had just forgotten to comment out a faulty function that I had just modified, or something like that. At least I learned something about the scientific notation.

Still a question remains: why did the search results disappear? Yesterday I said: " I just noticed that the results I was getting earlier when searching for 'e-05' on this forum have disappeared. "

kb4ski:

Sorry. Looks like there was no supernatural explanation this time. I had just forgotten to comment out a faulty function that I had just modified. At least I learned something about the scientific notation.

Still a question remains: why did the search results disappear? Yesterday I said: " I just noticed that the results I was getting earlier when searching for 'e-05' on this forum have disappeared. "

Are you stupid or just kidding us ? 

Ask-Bid = <spread>e^05 ; it won't change your ea's math.

If you need to display it fully as a text then : 

printf("%s",DoubleToString(value,8));

Got it ? 

Icham Aidibe:

Are you stupid or just kidding us ? 

Ask-Bid = <spread>e^05 ; it won't change your ea's math.

If you need to display it fully as a text then : 

Got it ? 

I just said the problem was not in the scientific notation, so there's no need to talk about that anymore.