Number of trades to open

Hello everyone,

Need advice on the volume size and number of trades that is reasonable enough to open on a $100 account.

Lot calculator - risk management tool
Lot calculator - risk management tool
  • www.mql5.com
Most of professional traders state that their success is based on strict risk management. This simple tool is designed to show the correct lot size to trade with respect to the following basic risk management rules: Risk only a fixed percentage of the total money on the account (e.g. 1-2%). Risk is measured by distance in pips between order...

Sergey Golubev:

Sergey am grateful. Thanks

With that money you need to use a cent account. Remember to always use a position size calculator risking 1-2% for each trade.

Fabio Cavalloni:
With that money you need to use a cent account. Remember to always use a position size calculator risking 1-2% for each trade.

Thanks Fabio. Using a position size calculator for a each trade solves it.

Hi there, 

You made me thinking about a robot which available for 100$ account :))

I'm not an expert in MM or professional like Sergey Golubev . Personally I have my own suggestion like this :)

I've been trade on an 100$ account and gain some success:

- EUR/USD Symbol, chart 15m, Start with safe signal (B-bands, MA, RSI) and extend lot size with signal+gap. Lot size : 0.01 - 0.04 - 0.06 - 0.08

=> Check those signal and open first order with 0.01, then TP at 1 to 4$ in profit without stop loss, set trailing stop around 0.5->1$. If it wrong signal, wait until next level of price around 25 to 40 pips with 2/3 of safe signal happen, send 2nd order with 0.04 lot size. Remember to set TP for new order and tp at lower position ( loss ) for the old one. That way you don't need to stay there to wait :)

Normally it draw down around 3 Trades and back so you earn money that way. But there are 2-4 times/year DD until 4-5 trades. With this strategy, you can't keep it over 4 trades ^^! But if you earn double before the high DD even happen, you will be safe. :)

That's how I earn 320$ in 2 years with that account before I decide to create a robot last month :)) - I'm a lazy guy, can't day by day sitting front of the computer like that haha!

Hope it interesting ^^!

Phat Kim:

Hi there, 

You made me thinking about a robot which available for 100$ account :))

I'm not an expert in MM or professional like Sergey Golubev . Personally I have my own suggestion like this :)

I've been trade on an 100$ account and gain some success:

- EUR/USD Symbol, chart 15m, Start with safe signal (B-bands, MA, RSI) and extend lot size with signal+gap. Lot size : 0.01 - 0.04 - 0.06 - 0.08

=> Check those signal and open first order with 0.01, then TP at 1 to 4$ in profit without stop loss, set trailing stop around 0.5->1$. If it wrong signal, wait until next level of price around 25 to 40 pips with 2/3 of safe signal happen, send 2nd order with 0.04 lot size. Remember to set TP for new order and tp at lower position ( loss ) for the old one. That way you don't need to stay there to wait :)

Normally it draw down around 3 Trades and back so you earn money that way. But there are 2-4 times/year DD until 4-5 trades. With this strategy, you can't keep it over 4 trades ^^! But if you earn double before the high DD even happen, you will be safe. :)

That's how I earn 320$ in 2 years with that account before I decide to create a robot last month :)) - I'm a lazy guy, can't day by day sitting front of the computer like that haha!

Hope it interesting ^^!

Be aware that in the period of your testing EURUSD keep moving in a perfect range scenario. If it will start trending you will blow up your account.

It's so easy to build ad-hoc strategy when we know the historial datas, but trading in real consists in not knowing the future of the market, and for this reason 99% of EA fails.