EA not placing any live trades, why??

Hi, 

I have an EA that I bought from MQL5 market but it isn't placing any live trades. The EA shows the smiley face and auto trading is enable. There are no errors that appear in the journal. 

When I conduct a backtest the EA registers the history of trades but doesn't execute any on my live account. Anyone know what the issue could be? 

psokoya :

Hi, 

I have an EA that I bought from MQL5 market but it isn't placing any live trades. The EA shows the smiley face and auto trading is enable. There are no errors that appear in the journal. 

When I conduct a backtest the EA registers the history of trades but doesn't execute any on my live account. Anyone know what the issue could be? 

There are two log files in the terminal: the Experts tab and the Log tab. See the tab "Experts".

psokoya:

Hi, 

Why don't you contact the author/seller?

He/she should support his/her product.

Vladimir Karputov:

There are two log files in the terminal: the Experts tab and the Log tab. See the tab "Experts".

There no errors in the experts tab either 

Eleni Anna Branou:

Why don't you contact the author/seller?

He/she should support his/her product.

I have, they check the logs on both journal and experts tab but found no errors. They said the issue is not with the EA

psokoya:

I have, they check the logs on both journal and experts tab but found no errors. They said the issue is not with the EA

Does anybody else (if more then you) bought the product reported same issue? - check the product comments tab or ask developer. If it's working for others then it may be related to the choice of broker.

psokoya :

This does not happen: the adviser MUST inform if there is a problem.

Another option is possible: you made mistakes

• didn’t click the "Auto Trading" button
  • you have a very small deposit

psokoya:

Hi, 

Sometimes it is related to the amount of slippage.
If your broker's slippage value is more than the EA's slippage value, no trades will be opened.

Usually the slippage should be between 5 and 10

Kenneth Parling:

Does anybody else (if more then you) bought the product reported same issue? - check the product comments tab or ask developer. If it's working for others then it may be related to the choice of broker.

Thanks - no one else has reported the same issue in the comments tab.

Vladimir Karputov:

This does not happen: the adviser MUST inform if there is a problem.

Another option is possible: you made mistakes

• didn’t click the "Auto Trading" button
  • you have a very small deposit

Thanks - noted. 

Roozbeh Morad Nia:

Sometimes it is related to the amount of slippage.
If your broker's slippage value is more than the EA's slippage value, no trades will be opened.

Usually the slippage should be between 5 and 10

Thanks - ill have a look.