Whats largest size array we can effectively use in mql4?

Need to compare every single bid of last month for some calculations (about 2 million values just for EURUSD alone).

Putting them all in an array (need to do so for 31 instruments) seems too clunky. Any better way?

I have been just writing bids to a file, then using bash on the file (where I can just compare lines instead of dealig with arrays).

Any native mql4 solution? Don't wanna need bash for anything.

Maybe mql5?

Maximum size of an array is about 2 billion values. A double consumes 8 bytes, 2 million ~16 MB.

The documentation on ArrayResize says: Total amount of elements in the array cannot exceed 2147483647.

Will go right ahead then and hope for best with my 4gb ram !

Thx

nadiawicket:

Will go right ahead then and hope for best with my 4gb ram !

Thx

You can do the same file operations using Mql4 code, instead of bash, MQL4/MQL5 can do any operations inside any file. Better yet, you can define your custom structure, and it uses your custom file structure during the file operations. 

https://docs.mql4.com/files/filewritearray

FileWriteArray - File Functions - MQL4 Reference
FileWriteArray - File Functions - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
String array can be written in a TXT file. In this case, strings are automatically ended by the line end characters "\r\n". Depending on the file type ANSI or UNICODE, strings are either converted to ansi-encoding or not. //|                                          Demo_FileWriteArray.mq5 |...