Best way to "map" trades?

Hi all,

I have been playing with MQL4 for few months.
One EA that I wrote reads a file, and based on the file content, it opens, closes or modifes SL and TP.

So far I used an hardcoded magic number, and I used comments to match the ID in the file with the current trade.

Today I started playing with closng partial orders, and I noticed that it deletes the comments and writes "from #" and "to #" on the two parts of the trades.

I was wondering what is the best way to track trades since comments cannot be used in this case. I could use magic numbers, which means that every trade will have a different number.

The pro of this is that I can easily track partially closed trades.

The cons is that every trade will have a different magic number, which makes it hard to run multiple EAs on the same account. Plus the ID must be numeric.

I could keep the mapping in memory but if the EA restarted it would cause issues.

Any suggestion on how to approach it in the best way?

Cheers,
Andrea

Tucaninho: I noticed that it deletes the comments and writes "from #" and "to #" on the two parts of the trades.

Not all brokers do that (most do not.) Not a good idea to use comments, brokers can change comments, including complete replacement.

Find the highest ticket number, on the symbol, after a partial close. That is the new ticket number.