VPS journal log

Hello,

How can I save the VPS journal for a certain period ?

I don't see a save option

Dan

From this help file - 

----------------

Virtual Platform Logs # - 

You can view the virtual platform journal to control its operation.

Requesting the Journal from the virtual platform

In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired interval. After that, click Request to download the found logs. Here you can also  select the journal type:

• Terminal — logs about all events taking place in the platform including trade operations.
  • Experts — information about the Expert Advisor and indicator operation.

Viewing Journal logs

The virtual platform logs are updated during each request and saved to [platform data folder]\logs\hosting.*.terminal\.

If a user requests too many records, only part of the first logs for the specified period are downloaded. This prevents performance degradation resulting from large logs. If you want to download further logs, you do not need to change the request period. Simply select the last line in the log viewer window and press PgDn.

Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The rented virtual server status can also be easily monitored from the trading platform. The context menu of the server in the Navigator window allows you to: Details # Details CPU, RAM and Hard Disk # Virtual Platform Logs # In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired...

Hi Sergey,

Need your help. After migration no a new VPS Server/Location, it seems that the VPS Journal Log is no longer updated(i.e. only the old events pre-migration are captured in the journal logs; event after the VPS server transfer is not logged). Requesting your assistance in troubleshooting this.

cslingbaoan:

Hi Sergey,

Need your help. After migration no a new VPS Server/Location, it seems that the VPS Journal Log is no longer updated(i.e. only the old events pre-migration are captured in the journal logs; event after the VPS server transfer is not logged). Requesting your assistance in troubleshooting this.

After you move your MQL5 VPS to another server, you need to synchronize/migrate again your charts/EAs/signals.

I did that already as well, a couple of times. Thing is the EA I am using is working post vps migration (because it is opening trades); its just that the journals log is not updating as expected.

cslingbaoan:
I did that already as well, a couple of times. Thing is the EA I am using is working post vps migration (because it is opening trades); its just that the journals log is not updating as expected.

Try again later or check yesterday's date, it may has to do with time difference.

Ok will check the journal logs later. Thank you very much for the assistance Eleni!