MT4 or MT5, which one is better?

Which one to go for when you are starting up?

If you are talking about which one is to start - do it with MT5 (start with new one).

ckx869:
Which one to go for when you are starting up?

Well, MT4 and MT5 have different functions. Both have their disadvantages and merits. Each platform may only suite your trading style. For instance MT4 allow multiple orders to be opened on the chart (symbol) while MT5 will not permit that. Also MT5 has extra features like testing indicators, monitoring up-coming new event and a few other stuffs that MT4 do not have.

So i guess you try them out see which one best suite you, Hope this will help :-) 

Since I'm MT4 user, I didn't want to try something new only for doing same activities. MT4 already give what I'm looking for. Seem MT4 and MT5 have different way to use, MT4 still be my main choice.

difficult to compare with them since they are used for different aim

Mt4 is the best since it has been given mql5 style programing while and in addition it also supports the old mql4 programing and products while still maintaining the all inclusive trading style and still remains the most used and many if not all mt brokers use it in many different kinds of accounts i.e. mini, micro etc As for mt5 doesnt support hedging, doesnt support products from the old programing, lower popularity and many brokers that have it only use it on the bigger account types. So for a beginner or experienced trader mt4 is the best.