In Need of an Metatrader 4 EA Programmer

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and looking for a Programmer that specializes in Mql4. So far I have hired 2 programmers for this EA. The first quit, the second made an EA the does n't work. I did n't think this was that complex. I need an EA that enters trades when I'm asleep or at work, and some minor trade management. It is an MA touch/price cross EA. I've seen these on the internet, but without the variables I desire. If someone knows a good programmer, please let me know. Thanks Much, FreddieG.

Walter Gager:
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and looking for a Programmer that specializes in Mql4. So far I have hired 2 programmers for this EA. The first quit, the second made an EA the does n't work. I did n't think this was that complex. I need an EA that enters trades when I'm asleep or at work, and some minor trade management. It is an MA touch/price cross EA. I've seen these on the internet, but without the variables I desire. If someone knows a good programmer, please let me know. Thanks Much, FreddieG.

Did you hired these 2 programmers through the Freelance section?

If yes, you have certain levels of protection and the arbitration option to resolve any unpleasant situations.

Walter Gager:

I feel your pain. That said, you will get what you pay for and on most occasions, cheap is expensive. It also helps to be able to document (provide in writing/typed) step by step of what your trading strategy entails. If you do this, then any decent developer will translate your "writings" into code.

As @Eleni Anna Branou said, use the Freelance Section as you will get arbitration if things don't work out. I think is also against terms of service to hire outside https://www.mql5.com/en/job/rules#warning

Rules of Using the Freelance Service
Rules of Using the Freelance Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Freelance section of mql5.com website is the service for fulfilling Orders of programming in MQL4 and MQL5. The Freelance service is available to registered users of MQL5.com aged 18 and older. To search for developers who are ready to write a program, an Order needs to be placed. A user who has placed an Order is hereinafter referred to as...

Eleni Anna Branou:

Did you hired these 2 programmers through the Freelance section?

If yes, you have certain levels of protection and the arbitration option to resolve any unpleasant situations.

I hired the first one through <URL removed>. I'm not sure, but I believe that is different than the freelance section of this organization. However they did refund my money. I payed more the second time around. I may pay even more to get it done right. Thanks for the response.

Alois Mwirichia:

I feel your pain. That said, you will get what you pay for and on most occasions, cheap is expensive. It also helps to be able to document (provide in writing/typed) step by step of what your trading strategy entails. If you do this, then any decent developer will translate your "writings" into code.

As @Eleni Anna Branou said, use the Freelance Section as you will get arbitration if things don't work out. I think is also against terms of service to hire outside https://www.mql5.com/en/job/rules#warning

I did write an EA description. Maybe it was not descriptive enough. As far as the money is concerned; I went form $120 to $180, and I might have to go into the mid $200 range. Will that be enough, though. How much should I be paying for an EA of this type? I new to this. I don't know.

Walter Gager:
I did write an EA description. Maybe it was not descriptive enough. As far as the money is concerned; I went form $120 to $180, and I might have to go into the mid $200 range. Will that be enough, though. How much should I be paying for an EA of this type? I new to this. I don't know.

Without full specifications of your EA, it is not really possible to give you an idea of what it should cost. I can only say that most EAs can be coded for less than $200.

Keith Watford:

Without full specifications of your EA, it is not really possible to give you an idea of what it should cost. I can only say that most EAs can be coded for less than $200.

$180 was my last bill. Only payed $90 so far. Hoping to get it back. I got a quote of$200 from a programmer who messaged me on this forum. But should n't I be going through the Freelance section?

Walter Gager:
$180 was my last bill. Only payed $90 so far. Hoping to get it back. I got a quote of$200 from a programmer who messaged me on this forum. But should n't I be going through the Freelance section?

When you post a topic like this, you are almost certainly going to get offers to write your EA by PM.

Nobody can give you an accurate quote without seeing the fully detailed specifications for your EA, but as I said earlier, most EAs can be coded for less than $200.

Yes, you should do it through freelance as this gives you the opportunity to discuss your project with various developers.

Keith Watford:

When you post a topic like this, you are almost certainly going to get offers to write your EA by PM.

Nobody can give you an accurate quote without seeing the fully detailed specifications for your EA, but as I said earlier, most EAs can be coded for less than $200.

Yes, you should do it through freelance as this gives you the opportunity to discuss your project with various developers.

Good point. I think I'll follow that advice. Thanks for the response.