Setting up robots

Was wondering if it work on two time like 15 and 30 min and can it  double up on orders I am new so wandering 

You can open a chart and run a robot on it. Then you can open another chart and run the same robot on it. You can do this as many times as you want, but only one robot (EA) per chart is allowed.

Normally the robots do not know if there is a same one running on a different chart. So they would mess things up (EA on 15 min chart could close position of EA on 30 min chart etc.)

To fix this there's magic numbers. Each robot has one. If you run a robot on a chart and you need the same robot run on a different chart then check in the input field that each robot gets its own distinctive magic number. So they won't interfere. The magic number together with the symbol helps a robot to find its own orders and positions and stay away from others.

michealhilljr: Was wondering if it work on two time like 15 and 30 min and can it  double up on orders I am new so wandering 
Depends on how it is coded.
  1. Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
              Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 programming forum
              MagicNumber: "Magic" Identifier of the Order - MQL4 Articles

2. And if you are subject to In First Out (FIFO rules-US brokers,).

lippmaje:

You can open a chart and run a robot on it. Then you can open another chart and run the same robot on it. You can do this as many times as you want, but only one robot (EA) per chart is allowed.

Normally the robots do not know if there is a same one running on a different chart. So they would mess things up (EA on 15 min chart could close position of EA on 30 min chart etc.)

To fix this there's magic numbers. Each robot has one. If you run a robot on a chart and you need the same robot run on a different chart then check in the input field that each robot gets its own distinctive magic number. So they won't interfere.  The magic number together with the symbol helps a robot to find its own orders and positions and stay away from others. 

If want to have pending orders will the robot just put the pending orders in for me leave them in

michealhilljr:

If want to have pending orders will the robot just put the pending orders in for me leave them in

It's unclear what do you want to achieve?

lippmaje:

It's unclear what do you want to achieve?

So I am new to this so wandering if I. Want to have to two trades open at the start of an candle one buy and one sell if the sell hit leave the pending buy. So when it comws back up it would be there. Could I have an robot do that set up the pending order once the new candle open

This is possible. A robot can manage more than one trade. And it can set up pending orders and cancel them. If you're US citizen you are not allowed to have long and short open at the same time (no hedge FIFO rule), but pending orders you may place in for any direction without limit. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/nfa-compliance-rule-2-43b.asp
NFA Compliance Rule 2-43b
NFA Compliance Rule 2-43b
  • www.investopedia.com
The National Futures Association (NFA) Compliance Rule 2-43b as implemented by the U.S. forex (FX) industry's self-regulatory organization judges trading by companies regulated to trade in the U.S. It prohibits hedging by requiring the offset of multiple positions held in the same currency pair be on a first-in, first-out (FIFO) basis. It also...

lippmaje:
This is possible. A robot can manage more than one trade. And it can set up pending orders and cancel them. If you're US citizen you are not allowed to have long and short open at the same time (no hedge FIFO rule), but pending orders you may place in for any direction without limit. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/nfa-compliance-rule-2-43b.asp
Thank you for the information really helpful