Rent EA from Market

Hi all,

Can someone please explain how an EA is time-locked when you rent it from the market? Is the expiry date somehow embedded into the code when the EA is first installed, or does the MT4 client regularly check the expiry date with MQL5? What happens when you rent an EA for say 1 month... after it expires and you rent the product again, do you need to reinstall it to get it to reactive, or is it all automatic? Thx!

Regards, Paul

From the Market rules - 

1. For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.
    Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled.
  2. The purchase of the Product is registered in the Buyer's account.
  3. The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
  4. The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
  5. The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware + OS configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.
So, you are buying/resting the activations.

The article - How Secure Is It to Buy MQL5 Market Products?
and the other article (where whole the process was described) - 
How to purchase a trading robot from the MetaTrader Market and to install it?

Sergey Golubev:
The article - How Secure Is It to Buy MQL5 Market Products?
and the other article (where whole the process was described) - 
How to purchase a trading robot from the MetaTrader Market and to install it?

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the prompt reply and advice!

From what I understand from reading the information you have provided, when a product is activated a secure version is automatically created which is platform specific. Can I assume then that if a product is rented, the expiry date is embedded into the EA so the product is time-bombed? If that is the case, then once downloaded and installed, is it correct to say that no active MQL5 logon is required to keep using the EA (as there are no periodic / real-time expiry date checks)?

If the above is true, then what happens if you rent a product more than once? Does it need to be installed after each rental period elapses? If you rent an EA multiple times before first installation, does the last rental expiry date get embedded into to the product activation and honored?

Regards,

Paul

Paul:

Hi Sergey,

From what I understand from reading the information you have provided, when a product is activated a secure version is automatically created which is platform specific. Can I assume then that if a product is rented, the expiry date is embedded into the EA so the product is time-bombed? If that is the case, then once downloaded and installed, is it correct to say that no active MQL5 logon is required to keep using the EA (as there are no periodic / real-time expiry date checks)?

If the above is true, then what happens if you rent a product more than once? Does it need to be installed after each rental period elapses? If you rent an EA multiple times before first installation, does the last rental expiry date get embedded into to the product activation and honored?

Regards,

Paul

It seems you re trying to figure out the way to hack an EA by renting it. If you are not logged to mql5.com you won't be able to use the EA and therefore there is no way to get round this. There is no way to use a rented EA without being logged into mql5.com and to trade you need to be connected to internet so why on earth would you want to know how it works unless you want to override this. 

Paul:

Hi Sergey,

Regards,

Paul

Everything is connected to your forum profile and with Community tab in your Metatrader (by same forum login/pass).
And if you bought something (or rented something) - it should be written on your forum profile - this is my profile - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Help me please! Problem with a EA seller

Sergey Golubev, 2019.05.21 15:12

My example.

I bought this tool long time ago, and I am still having activations - 

But this tool was deleted from the Market (by the seller or by the MetaQuotes) - 

But, anyway, I have it.
I go to my Metatrader, I filled Community tab, and go to the Market - Purchases - and I see this tool and I can install it on my new computer (by spending the additional activation) - 

Besides, as far as I know - you are loading/renting/buying just an "image" with activations ... it means - the EA is not on your Metatrader, and it is fully impossible to hack it.

And yes, everything is regulated based on your forum profile (and Community tab in Metatrader).

--------------

If you are going to rent/buy something so you can select the tool using Market webpages, but it is recommended to buy/to rent the selected tool directly from Metatrader.

Tomas Rodriguez Doherty:

It seems you re trying to figure out the way to hack an EA by renting it. If you are not logged to mql5.com you won't be able to use the EA and therefore there is no way to get round this. There is no way to use a rented EA without being logged into mql5.com and to trade you need to be connected to internet so why on earth would you want to know how it works unless you want to override this. 

I'm hardly trying to hack it... I'm just interested in how it actually works from a technical perspective. I've searched the MQL5 site and there is next to zero information on the actual mechanisms used when renting and purchasing an EA.

I've also rented and purchased EAs in the past and the developer has pulled it from MQL5... so I'm interested to know what happens in those situations.