MT5 EA validation giving "there are no trading operations"

I'm trying to do a simple update on one of my MT5 EA's, but I keep getting the message "there are no trading operations" during the validation.

The thing is: even when I upload previous versions (just to test if they still pass, with changed version number to a new version), which were already validated in the past with no errors, I now also get this same "there are no trading operations" error.

I have no clue what is causing this, since there is no more information about it, and I can't simulate this error either.  

So any idea what changed recently in the MT5 checking that might cause this?

Wim Schrynemakers:

I'm trying to do a simple update on one of my MT5 EA's, but I keep getting the message "there are no trading operations" during the validation.

The thing is: even when I upload previous versions (just to test if they still pass, with changed version number to a new version), which were already validated in the past with no errors, I now also get this same "there are no trading operations" error.

I have no clue what is causing this, since there is no more information about it, and I can't simulate this error either.  

So any idea what changed recently in the MT5 checking that might cause this?

hello did you manage to make it work? I'm facing the same problem

Marco Abitabile: did you manage to make it work? I'm facing the same problem

You have to fix your broken code.

William Roeder:

You have to fix your broken code.

The point is that my code Just works. The validation states that my EA don't open positions on certain markets at certain timeframes (see attachment), however backtesting locally with those symbols and timeframes I have trade operations

I've even tried to force a trade after x tick... but the problem persists. Are we sure that these validation steps are correct? Are the error messages correct?

Marco Abitabile:

The point is that my code Just works. The validation states that my EA don't open positions on certain markets at certain timeframes (see attachment), however backtesting locally with those symbols and timeframes I have trade operations

I've even tried to force a trade after x tick... but the problem persists. Are we sure that these validation steps are correct? Are the error messages correct?

Test it on several accounts using differente Leaverage levels, increase the Slippage window, etc..

To pass validation, it has to pass OK to a various different scenarios, and different symbols, and combination of account characteristics (such as leverages, account currency other than USD, etc..)

Make more complex tests locally combining the options above, and create demo accounts with other leaverages levels, other base currency, etc. to make sure it works.

Test it for Forex, Stocks, Indices, etc.. as several EAs internal calculations are different between those kind (e.g: between MODE CALC FOREX and MODE CALC CFD, etc..) 

rrocchi:

Test it on several accounts using differente Leaverage levels, increase the Slippage window, etc..

To pass validation, it has to pass OK to a various different scenarios, and different symbols, and combination of account characteristics (such as leverages, account currency other than USD, etc..)

Make more complex tests locally combining the options above, and create demo accounts with other leaverages levels, other base currency, etc. to make sure it works.

Test it for Forex, Stocks, Indices, etc.. as several EAs internal calculations are different between those kind (e.g: between MODE CALC FOREX and MODE CALC CFD, etc..) 

Thanks rrocchi, I'll dig deeper into such tests... however my EA is designed to work with eur/usd up to now... and it makes no sense to work on other markets. It looks a bit odd to forse such tests...

The errors that the validation raises are:

test on EURUSD,H1 (hedging) there are no trading operations

test on XAUUSD,D1 (hedging) there are no trading operations

test on GBPUSD,M30 (hedging) there are no trading operations

test on EURUSD,M1 (hedging) there are no trading operations

and actually in all of those markets and timeframes my EA performs trades. As I said before, I've even forced to place one trade after x tick... but the errors are always thte same above

Best!

Marco

Marco Abitabile:

Thanks rrocchi,

... however my EA is designed to work with eur/usd up to now... and it makes no sense to work on other markets. It looks a bit odd to forse such tests...

Unfortunately, we (programmers) don't make the rules ;) 

It has to pass several tests, that is the rule.

There is a similar thread here, it can contribute to this topic, please take a time to read, as there are even more details about it, and several links with more information. 

No trading operations ??
No trading operations ??
  • www.mql5.com
Hi every one ! I tried to publish an EA but the validation failed. The reason: No trading operations (see below...

Marco Abitabilehowever my EA is designed to work with eur/usd up to now... and it makes no sense to work on other markets. It looks a bit odd to forse such tests...

The errors that the validation raises are:

test on EURUSD,H1 (hedging) there are no trading operations

test on XAUUSD,D1 (hedging) there are no trading operations

test on GBPUSD,M30 (hedging) there are no trading operations

test on EURUSD,M1 (hedging) there are no trading operations

and actually in all of those markets and timeframes my EA performs trades. As I said before, I've even forced to place one trade after x tick... but the errors are always thte same above

Even if it is just designed for EUR/USD, the fact is, that it failed the EUR(USD test anyway!

So, fix that first, but allow your EA to function and adapt to other markets, symbols and time-frames even if it is not the ideal strategy for them.