Unexplainable triggered trade !

Hi,

I'm posting this trade (tests of my robot), because I really don't understand how it could have been taken.

Just to explain quickly the strategy of the algo : the goal is to detect an impulse, and buy long when the last pullback bar is broken.
So the algo detect the impuls, place an order 1 pip above the High of the first pullback bar, then modify the order (if an other pullback bar is detected).

In this screenshot, MT5 says that it buy at 1.35080 at 10:20, but the green pin bar at this hour  (10:15 to 10:30) not go higher than 1.35060.
The red bar just before (10:00 to 10:15) has his High at 1.35070 (reason of the modify order at 10:16 to by stop at 1.35080).

Do you know how it's possible that this order has been triggered at 10:20 ?

Thanks in advance

Thats a buy stop.

It was a pending order.

Yes, it's a pending order Buy stop.

When the order is placed, the actual price is below the Entry price of the buy stop (which is placed at 1.35080, above the high of the previous bar).

The order would be triggered when the price go up again to 1.35080.

It's what it does on several other orders, but not this one, and I don't understand.

Marco vd Heijden:

Thats a buy stop.

It was a pending order.

I'm really sorry but I don't understand.

A pending order "Buy stop" is normally what I want.

In the other exemple, th price goes up with a big a green bar, then pullbacks with a red bar, a green bar and another red bar.
When this red bar is finished, it's 8:45.
What I want is to buy is the price goes up, 2 pips above the high of the pullback(which is at 1.36310), so buy at 1.36350.

But the price never go so high. So the Buy stop order would never be triggered, no ?

In addition, when I place manually a pending order Buy stop with this strategy, it do what it's supposed to. But not when placed programmatically, even the order seems to be the same, as written in the Operation tab.

Thanks for you feedback, I'm really lost :-(

All Forex chart in Metaquotes world are build using bid price. A buy (market or pending) is triggered at ask price, which you can't see on your chart.

Alain Verleyen:
All Forex chart in Metaquotes world are build using bid price. A buy (market or pending) is triggered at ask price, which you can't see on your chart.
Thanks a lot ! I haven't think about that :-(
On the historical data, the spread seems to be 20 points on all bars, so exactly my 2 pips higher the high...