Why Doesn't MT5 synchronize imported tick data? - page 2

There is a web request error. The script is trying to donwload data from rannforex.com, but I don't need it. I already imported tick data to the MT5 platform from a CVS file. Could you please tell me what to do now?

Thank you,

landmeister:

There is a web request error. The script is trying to donwload data from rannforex.com, but I don't need it. I already imported tick data to the MT5 platform from a CVS file. Could you please tell me what to do now?

Thank you,

Run this script.

It works!!! Thank you very much for your help. I just have a final question, please. Now my ticks are grouped as bars but are they still available as ticks when backtesting? I mean, can I still make tick-based backtesting?

landmeister:
Now my ticks are grouped as bars but are they still available as ticks when backtesting? I mean, can I still make tick-based backtesting?

Yes, there are no restrictions.

I'm sorry to annoy you again, but I found an unexpected problem. Not all my tick data became bars and I'm not sure why. After a few minutes waiting for the whole data to be seen as bars I noticed that less than 25% of the data were visible as bars. I tried to run the script again on that same chart but no more bars were added. Could you please tell me why?

landmeister:
I'm sorry to annoy you again, but I found an unexpected problem. Not all my tick data became bars and I'm not sure why. After a few minutes waiting for the whole data to be seen as bars I noticed that less than 25% of the data were visible as bars. I tried to run the script again on that same chart but no more bars were added. Could you please tell me why?

Give more information. I do not see the problem.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself. What I mean is that less than 25% of all data is visible as bars. My data series runs from 2003 to 2019 and bars are only visible for the period 2003-2005. Why can't I see all other bars?

landmeister:
Sorry, I didn't explain myself. What I mean is that less than 25% of all data is visible as bars. My data series runs from 2003 to 2019 and bars are only visible for the period 2003-2005. Why can't I see all other bars?

Unfortunately, I can not help.

Can I ask for a final favour, please? What if you try to do it with my data series? If you can do it normally that would mean I am doing something wrong. This is my tick data file for XAUUSD from 2003 to 2019.

https://mega.nz/#!x0pyyKgZ!-C5mGNhOFDHjdRJ_DNnU4YZbO4K5lcz2WIb5Hylaj0M

Could you please confirm you can see the whole period in bars? I would really appreciate. Thank you very much in advance.

MEGA
MEGA
  • mega.nz
MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now

You have 300 million ticks! My script is not designed to work with so many ticks.