Metatrader 5 on a Metatrader 4 account

I did a cursory look (search) through the forums and I couldn't find an answer to, what seems to be, a seemingly simple solution to this problem.  On a whim, I downloaded Metatrader 5 and started playing around with it.  I love it so much more than MT4.  So, I decided to look around at United States brokers that support MT5, and I came up short.  There were two, but the support was "iffy".  One offered a MT5 demo only account, but not live, and both were unregulated brokers.  I understand why US brokers don't want to invest more money in infrastructure to support MT5, but it doesn't mean I agree with them.

So, on to my question:

Why doesn't MetaQuotes just make MT5 support the MT4 protocols so that we can still use the application on our accounts, and the brokers can keep their old infrastructure.  Sure, there may be "some" features we wouldn't be able to use, but surely that would be far outweighed by all the additional features we would gain.  I find it silly that I have to pay  a third party so I can backtest with tick data, and I love how much better the strategy tester is.

Where am I going wrong?

-Ditto

MT4 trading/demo account can not be used for MT5 sorry.

----------

As to US brokers - you can try to find them ... the broker's discussion is prohibited on the forum ... but you can find simething for example - 

Sergey Golubev:

MT4 trading/demo account can not be used for MT5 sorry.

----------

As to US brokers - you can try to find them ... the broker's discussion is prohibited on the forum ... but you can find simething for example - 

I'm not asking for a brokers name, I'm asking, why doesn't MetaQuotes just support the same protocol MT4 uses in addition to the MT5 protocol.   That way you can use MT5 regardless of the type of account you have.  Sounds like a win/win/win to me.  We, the users, can use which ever platform we choose, our brokers don't have to invest in additional infrastructure, and MetaQuotes will get MT5 out to many more people.

-Ditto

Ditto2X:

I'm not asking for a brokers name, I'm asking, why doesn't MetaQuotes just support the same protocol MT4 uses in addition to the MT5 protocol.   That way you can use MT5 regardless of the type of account you have.  Sounds like a win/win/win to me.  We, the users, can use which ever platform we choose, our brokers don't have to invest in additional infrastructure, and MetaQuotes will get MT5 out to many more people.

-Ditto

That's kind of an interesting idea. I would definitely love to see that happening.