Custom Robot for Company's system

Hi All,

I am very new to MQL language, I am a software developer and i was wondering if i can use MQL to program application that can execute orders automatically based on strategy but this order will execute from the company that i work for. Is this possible using MQL or all orders must execute on Meta Trader platform?

Thanks on Advance. 

Diaa Kamal:

Hi All,

I am very new to MQL language, I am a software developer and i was wondering if i can use MQL to program application that can execute orders automatically based on strategy but this order will execute from the company that i work for. Is this possible using MQL or all orders must execute on Meta Trader platform?

Thanks on Advance. 

It is possible through dll calls. MQL can import and work with un-managed dlls.

Thanks a lot for your response just one more question. In this case can i program the application to decide based on feeds from my feeder or it should bring prices from other feeder? Sorry if the question seems trivial but i am trying to evaluate MQL to make sure it would fit with our needs.

Diaa Kamal: Thanks a lot for your response just one more question. In this case can i program the application to decide based on feeds from my feeder or it should bring prices from other feeder? Sorry if the question seems trivial but i am trying to evaluate MQL to make sure it would fit with our needs.

If you are importing an external data feed and the transactions are carried out on an external system, then why are you even considering MQL?

MQL is based on C and C++, so if the data feed is external and the trading is external, just code your strategy in either C or C++ directly or any other language of preference.

It makes no sense to use MQL if everything is external to MetaTrader!