Experts: Turtle Trader - page 4

Hi,

Just started looking into your EA, looks promising, just have a minor wish: my broker needs stoploss and takeprofit to be set with OrderModify, not in OrderSend, would it be possible for you to incorporate this, else I will and I'll send you the code.

Update:

I tested with changing Stoploss and Takeprofit from OrderSend and put it in OrderModify, something like this seems to work, changed in 4 places I think and adapted to each one, see example below:

ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots*mMultiply,Ask,3,0,0,"TurtleTrader(BUY)",MAGIC,3,Green);
if(ticket > 0){
if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES)) {
OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), StopLossValue, TakeProfitValue, 3, Green);
}
PrevDecision=Decision;

}else{
Print("Error opening BUY order:",GetLastError());

}

/*
ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots*mMultiply,Ask,3,StopLossValue,TakeProfitValue,"TurtleTrader(BUY)",MAGIC,3,Green);
if(ticket > 0){
if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES)) Print("BUY order opened:",OrderOpenPrice());
PrevDecision=Decision;
Print("Buy order is opened: ",OrderOpenPrice());
}else{

}
*/

And maybe use a magicnumber to distinguish between your EA and others on the same symbol?

BR

Hi,

Just started looking into your EA, looks promising, just have a minor wish: my broker needs stoploss and takeprofit to be set with OrderModify, not in OrderSend, would it be possible for you to incorporate this, else I will and I'll send you the code.

Update:

I tested with changing Stoploss and Takeprofit from OrderSend and put it in OrderModify, something like this seems to work, changed in 4 places I think and adapted to each one, see example below:

ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots*mMultiply,Ask,3,0,0,"TurtleTrader(BUY)",MAGIC,3,Green);
if(ticket > 0){
if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES)) {
OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), StopLossValue, TakeProfitValue, 3, Green);
}
PrevDecision=Decision;

}else{

}

/*
ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots*mMultiply,Ask,3,StopLossValue,TakeProfitValue,"TurtleTrader(BUY)",MAGIC,3,Green);
if(ticket > 0){
if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES)) Print("BUY order opened:",OrderOpenPrice());
PrevDecision=Decision;
Print("Buy order is opened: ",OrderOpenPrice());
}else{

}
*/

And maybe use a magicnumber to distinguish between your EA and others on the same symbol?

BR

This doesn't compile ! _Symbol & _Period variables not defined !

broketrader:

Remove This : it's not use
ArraySetAsSeries(New_Time,true);

copied = CopyTime(_Symbol,_Period,0,1,New_Time);
   if(copied>0){
      if(Old_Time!=New_Time[0]){
         Old_Time=New_Time[0];
         IsNewBar=true;

}else{
         IsNewBar=false;
      }
   }

broketrader:

Remove This : it's not use
ArraySetAsSeries(New_Time,true);

copied = CopyTime(_Symbol,_Period,0,1,New_Time);
   if(copied>0){
      if(Old_Time!=New_Time[0]){
         Old_Time=New_Time[0];
         IsNewBar=true;

}else{
         IsNewBar=false;
      }
   }

Hello Guys and thanks for the EA Thrinai,

A couple of questions.

Do you recommend the use of the EA on pairs other than the EURUSD? Same settings? My experience has been that it produces more losses than with EURUSD. How is it working out for everyone else?

Is it best to keep the EA running 24hrs a day or to limit its time period? London open to US close for example?

Best regards,

Hello Guys and thanks for the EA Thrinai,

A couple of questions.

Do you recommend the use of the EA on pairs other than the EURUSD? Same settings? My experience has been that it produces more losses than with EURUSD. How is it working out for everyone else?

Is it best to keep the EA running 24hrs a day or to limit its time period? London open to US close for example?

Best regards,

I'm trying it with no problems at all, it's good that it's not losing at all, but it's more than slow,my account is not big i have only 100$,and configured it to be 0.04Lot,auto take profit, and stop loss at 60.0,i realised that sometimes it stops while it's still in the beginning of the wave,so bad ..:-( it takes profit 0.04cents and it ignores few $$$$, how to avoid this action,coz this EA is really promising, Keep in good work and waiting for the new update :-)

Thank you.

I'm trying it with no problems at all, it's good that it's not losing at all, but it's more than slow,my account is not big i have only 100$,and configured it to be 0.04Lot,auto take profit, and stop loss at 60.0,i realised that sometimes it stops while it's still in the beginning of the wave,so bad ..:-( it takes profit 0.04cents and it ignores few $$$$, how to avoid this action,coz this EA is really promising, Keep in good work and waiting for the new update :-)

Thank you.