Tracking error on EAs

Hi there,

I am wondering about the tracking error you get with EAs.

I have purchased an EA, use the same ECN broker and settings as the EA vendor *but* only about 8 in 10 trades are the same as the vendor's published portfolio.

Sometimes the vedor has trades I don't and vice versa, sometime I have very small differences in entries and exits both in terms of time and pips.

Is this normal?

Help!

Thank you

Paul / Max

Paul Hill:

Hi there,

I am wondering about the tracking error you get with EAs.

I have purchased an EA, use the same ECN broker and settings as the EA vendor *but* only about 8 in 10 trades are the same as the vendor's published portfolio.

Sometimes the vedor has trades I don't and vice versa, sometime I have very small differences in entries and exits both in terms of time and pips.

Is this normal?

Help!

Thank you

Paul / Max

Contact the Vendor! How do you expect us to know what is normal or not for that EA?

Fernando Carreiro:
Contact the Vendor! How do you expect us to know what is normal or not for that EA?

Hi Fernando, this is really a question about tracking error.

If you use the same Ea, the same settings and the same broker... should you expect very similar results? Is it a realistic to expect the same results?

Thanks Max / Paul

Paul Hill: Hi Fernando, this is really a question about tracking error. If you use the same Ea, the same settings and the same broker... should you expect very similar results? Is it a realistic to expect the same results?

Yes and No! Depends on how "honest" the EA or the vendor is and also if the EA is a fast scalper requiring a fast connection to the broker and/or a fast PC.

This is obviously only speculative, because we know nothing about your setup, the EA or the vendor. That is not an invitation to discuss it here, because it is against the rules to discuss specific brokers, products or vendors.