METATRADER 4 stopped working on the latest update of windows 10 - page 3

Minions Labs:

It is common sense but, just to be sure, only install the MT4 version that matches your processor (32 or 64-bits)...

Try do disable temporarily your anti-virus software, it seems that your installation went through an "internal error" - like, anti-virus removing MT4 files in realtime during installation...

;)

I tried to do that earlier even to disable firewall , no clues

Thank you all for your help, I found a solution to the problem

what was happening also was that the terminal.exe when i try to open it i had a pop-up message saying that windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Mybroker\terminal.exe "

have renamed terminal.exe to a different name (terminals.exe) and it worked . 

Also for me the MT4 is not working in Windows 10. I tried everthing mentioned here in this thread.

The terminal is not showing any UI and is vanished after start from the task manager.

MT4 failed to install showing '' sorry, something went wrong: try again later! ''.

in C:> Program files> MT4.  terminal.exe is not found instead it is terminal.ico(icon), is this the reasons ?then why?

i uninstall and delete the whole metaquotes folder and disable firewall still '' sorry, something went wrong: try again later! ''

but after restart and diasble firewall it works!

sorry, something went wrong: try again later

i have been trying to install meta trade 4 on pc, please help.

hp i5

4GB ram

64 bit

thabang moumakwa:

sorry, something went wrong: try again later

i have been trying to install meta trade 4 on pc, please help.

hp i5

4GB ram

64 bit

Windows 10? or Windows 7? or Windows 8.1?

You should download MT4 from the broker's website (any broker supporting MT4 - there are a lot of them), and install MT4.

Open account - post #971

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

AUD Swap Rate

Sergey Golubev, 2019.07.11 09:13

The people are using MetaQuotes-Demo to upgrade Metatrader to new build (it is automatically upgraded if Metatrader is connected to MetaQuotes-Demo server), or to test beta versions (beta builds) of MT5 to report about bugs in beta builds.

For any other cases - the traders are using demo account of the broker they are planning to use for real account.
For example, if I plan to trade Crude Oil so I will open demo account with one broker, and if everything is fine so I will open the real account with this broker.

Example of my MT5 - 

and one of my MT4 - 

I've been struggling to use my Mt4 which is updated on my PC which has upgraded windows 10 and good internet connection it keeps on saying 'no connection' what should I do?