Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 25

Seyedmajid Masharian:
Martingale is when trader or ea open a trade and when market goes against that trade it starts to add the same positions each x pips for example buy at 1.87600 the market fallen 2nd buy at 1.87550 et... hoping market comeback.  if you add to last trend it will not martingale .

There is a difference between " Sure-fire martingale strategy " and " Pure martingale strategy ".

Chris Mukengeshayi:

There is a difference between " Sure-fire martingale strategy " and " Pure martingale strategy ".

Please explain it on the  image of post 197

You are mostly making use of a " Sure-fire martingale strategy " and by using that type of strategy in a range market it back-fire very hard and will drain you account very quickly.

Chris Mukengeshayi:

You are mostly making use of a " Sure-fire martingale strategy " and by using that type of strategy in a range market it back-fire very hard and will drain you account very quickly.

Any idea to resolve that problem 

Hedging is just about betting against your previous losing position(s) to avoid a loss - its limit is your margin. 

What matter is the "WWWWHH" :

• Who ? ---> any losing position ? specific losing deals ?
  • What ? ---> hedge by the same or another instrument ?
  • When ? ---> would you hedge on a pullback basis ? trend reversal confirmed ? margin tested ? price ?
  • Why ? ---> is the hedging relevant in such case ? lose less to win more ? ranging market = no need to rush ? etc etc etc
  • How ? ---> *2, *3 initial lot ? progressive ? proportionnal ?
  • How much ? getting out with absolutely no loss ? waiting to take a profit with the risk to enter a hedging loop ? 
It's almost all. 

Chris Mukengeshayi: Here read the following: This is sure-fire strategy.

I hope this will help you understand. Usually people who trade based on support and resistance, can trade this kind of strategy.

All the best.

That has already been presented by another poster (post #171) and I have already debunked it (post #177) and even included the original PDF for it.

Fernando Carreiro:
That has already been presented by another poster (post #171) and I have already debunked it (post #177) and even included the original PDF for it.

It strange! I haven't read you PDF yet. I know this strategy from somewhere else on the net.

I had just share this strategy in a form of images so he could understand the difference between a " Sure-fire martingale strategy" and a simple " Hedging strategy ". 

Seyedmajid Masharian:
Martingale is when trader or ea open a trade and when market goes against that trade it starts to add the same positions each x pips for example buy at 1.87600 the market fallen 2nd buy at 1.87550 et... hoping market comeback.  if you add to last trend it will not martingale .

Now you have shown that you do not understand what martingale is.

What you have described is Grid Trading

Chris Mukengeshayi: It strange! I haven't read you PDF yet. I know this strategy from somewhere else on the net.

I had just share this strategy in a form of images so he could understand the difference between a " Sure-fire martingale strategy" and a simple " Hedging strategy ". 

Its not my PDF! I just attached it so people could read the original instead of looking at YouTube videos or screenshots. Either way, it is the same old story that does not work! Please do not delude yourself!