Experts: GoodG@bi Review

GoodG@bi Review:

Join me to develop this project. It has been my project for 2 years now and running.

Author: ChuQ Dennis

I have to review this, sounds promising although 77% Drawdown is "slighty" high?

Definitely would help include a trend detector to limit the type of operation for a certain period!

BlueSkyThinking:

I have to review this, sounds promising although 77% Drawdown is "slighty" high?

Definitely would help include a trend detector to limit the type of operation for a certain period!

Hi. I'll be looking forward to this. As a matter of importance, I do not recommend including indicator to the code. Rather using open, high, low and close prices will be highly plausible (this is my personal opinion though)

1. Add 'lines' that will make the EA detech trend over a wide period past (6 months or more).
  2. Add 'lines' that will switch EA from 'short only' trading mode to 'long only' trading mode and vice versa, depending on the prevailing long term trend.
  3. Add 'lines' that can carefully detect 'flat trend' and set EA to 'no trade'.

These should be the first things you do for a system...

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

1. Add 'lines' that will make the EA detech trend over a wide period past (6 months or more).
  2. Add 'lines' that will switch EA from 'short only' trading mode to 'long only' trading mode and vice versa, depending on the prevailing long term trend.
  3. Add 'lines' that can carefully detect 'flat trend' and set EA to 'no trade'.

These should be the first things you do for a system...

-BB-

You're right, old friend. It was considered, that's why you will find the t1 and t2 variables; but that is not good enough. Can you make it better, especially in detecting long term trend like 6 months or more? Thank you.

It is easy to program a good EA if you "know the direction of the market". Thats what we all try to do.

zzuegg:

It is easy to program a good EA if you "know the direction of the market". Thats what we all try to do.

This is how am able to tell the trend (which I had used to remain profitable and without loss). At the beginning of the year - Jan 01, 2010 (for example) - I'll take note of the opening price O, then, throughout the year I will use the open price to tell if trend for the year is upward or downward. If price goes 'appreciably' above this price O then I'll switch manually to 'Long only' and vice versa. Do you have idea of how tools like zigzag can be used to read this kind of pattern or do you have some sort of math equation that can read this pattern (I mean using open price of the first day of the year.)? Also, when such trend is detected the EA should be capable of switching from 'Long only' to 'Short only' and vice versa.

Thanks buddy.

Hey buddies! I expect that you contribute to this project while downloading. Thanks. Also, rate this topic trying it.

well i just opened the code, and all i can say is "wow".....

if (AccountBalance()>=50) lot=0.02;

if (AccountBalance()>=75) lot=0.03;

if (AccountBalance()>=100) lot=0.04;

.........Got Math?

brayt:
Hey buddies! I expect that you contribute to this project while downloading. Thanks. Also, rate this topic trying it.

That line is meant to optimize EA's performance - in other words, it is a lot calculator for different account (equity) size so as to maintain the same profit factor. That means EA does not respect account size, provided it is equal/or greater than $50. Its nothing but a calculator or pre-conditioner for trade. I thought anyone should know what that means.

Regards!

hkjonus:

.........Got Math?

brayt:

I know what it does, i just dont know why its so primitive.

OK man heres my "contribution"

double RiskRate = Risk ;
double LotSize = 0 ;
double MaxLots = MarketInfo ( Symbol (), MODE_MAXLOT ) ;
double MinLots = MarketInfo ( Symbol (), MODE_MINLOT ) ;
double LotStep = MarketInfo ( Symbol (), MODE_LOTSTEP ) ;
double NominalMargin = MarketInfo ( Symbol (), MODE_MARGINREQUIRED ) ;
double Risk = RiskRate * AccountEquity () ;

double SizeLimit = Risk / 1000 ;

int Steps;

if ( SizeLimit >= MinLots )
{ Steps = MathFloor ( ( SizeLimit - MinLots ) / LotStep ) ;
LotSize = MinLots + (Steps * LotStep) ;
}

if ( LotSize >= MaxLots ) LotSize = MaxLots ;

return(LotSize);

}

BTW, this EA dont work man....

brayt:

That line is meant to optimize EA's performance - in other words, it is a lot calculator for different account (equity) size so as to maintain the same profit factor. That means EA does not respect account size, provided it is equal/or greater than $50. Its nothing but a calculator or pre-conditioner for trade. I thought anyone should know what that means.

Regards!

hkjonus:

.........Got Math?

brayt: