Discussion of article "Expert Advisor featuring GUI: Adding functionality (part II)"

New article Expert Advisor featuring GUI: Adding functionality (part II) has been published:

This is the second part of the article showing the development of a multi-symbol signal Expert Advisor for manual trading. We have already created the graphical interface. It is now time to connect it with the program's functionality.

The gif image below displays the following. The table features the list of forex symbols containing USD. Then, we quickly form the list of symbols containing EUR. To do this, enter "EUR" in the Symbols filter input field and click Request. If you want to see all symbols with USD and EUR available on the server, they should be comma-separated: "USD,EUR".

Fig. 3. Forming the list of Forex symbols

Fig. 3. Forming the list of Forex symbols

Forming the list of forex symbols and getting the indicator handles is performed on the period specified in the Timeframes combo box. If we select another timeframe in the drop-down list, we should receive the new handles and update the table values. To achieve this, we need the CProgram::ChangePeriod() method. If the combo box ID has arrived, first update the timeframe in the object chart. Then, get the handles and indicator data for all table symbols. After that, the table is updated to display the implemented changes.

Author: Anatoli Kazharski

Expert Advisor featuring GUI: Adding functionality (part II)
Expert Advisor featuring GUI: Adding functionality (part II)
  • www.mql5.com
In the previous article, I demonstrated how to quickly develop the EA graphical interface (GUI). Here we will connect the already developed GUI with the EA functionality.  Getting symbol and indicator data First, we need to arrange getting symbol and indicator data. Let's present forex symbols as a table relying on the filter values in the...

@Anatoli Kazharski

Hi

I asked this in private but I think you missed the question. Here is what I am wondering from the very first article and forward.

Let's say that I used easy and fast library and developed a working expert advisor either in mt4 or mt5, now I want to upload it in the mql5.com website to sell it. Considering that the website only accepts .ex4 and .ex5 files, how should I make the whole library integrated into the final product to only have a single file which contains all the headers and functionalities in itself? I hope the answer is not adding all of them into the expert's file making it a mega god file.

Please help and answer this question.

Thanks

So...

Where "ON_END_CREATE_GUI" is defined?

Not working :))

Mahdi Heydai #: Not working :))

Don't just state "Not working!". That is useless and helps no one. Explain yourself in detail so that someone can help you out with it.

'AddItem' - wrong parameters count CreateGUI.mqh 111 20
   void CStatusBar::AddItem(const string,const int) StatusBar.mqh 39 22

can some one point me to how i may solve this?