How to change the default 'Limit' or Action for new Alerts on the MQL4 terminal

I've been struggling with this one for a while, I know you can change the limit (number of times an alert pings once breached) and other features by directly editing the alert itself on the terminal. But how do you configure the platform so all new alerts are automatically created with a new limit (1 for instance instead of the default).

I tried updating this setting ' <DATA>\config\terminal.ini "AlertEditorLimit=5" ' but it doesn't seem to have an effect 

John Fasheyiku:

I've been struggling with this one for a while, I know you can change the limit (number of times an alert pings once breached) and other features by directly editing the alert itself on the terminal. But how do you configure the platform so all new alerts are automatically created with a new limit (1 for instance instead of the default).

I tried updating this setting ' <DATA>\config\terminal.ini "AlertEditorLimit=5" ' but it doesn't seem to have an effect 

I guess i'm the only one with this problem :(

Really annoying
It should be configurable

On MT4, it works the same way as objects. Configure one how you want, subsequent use the previous as default.