Plz Help ....New at this !

Hello friends 

I am new at this ....with axi trader and mql5. I am Canadian and was trading using the user friendly etoro platform before our Govt regs stopped that!. You could  set your  risk 25x 100x 200x ect. I am unable to find this is this format ! Also I am unable to find when i select my volume tab ...how much cash$$$$ am i investing . I have been stuck for 3 weeks trying to figure this out ....searched the help files and coudnt find the answers either? Sorry if im dum but I am new! Help would be so appreciated!!! Marcus Cheers

It is the information for newbies (newbies in MT4/MT5)- 

---------------

Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 
MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual

Where Do I start from?
Where Do I start from?
  • www.mql5.com
Hi fam! Am a total newbie in the forex niche... Just signed up here on this platform... Please where do i start from? I need help...

20683974:

Hello friends 

I am new at this ....with axi trader and mql5. I am Canadian and was trading using the user friendly etoro platform before our Govt regs stopped that!. You could  set your  risk 25x 100x 200x ect. I am unable to find this is this format ! Also I am unable to find when i select my volume tab ...how much cash$$$$ am i investing . I have been stuck for 3 weeks trying to figure this out ....searched the help files and coudnt find the answers either? Sorry if im dum but I am new! Help would be so appreciated!!! Marcus Cheers

First, put your name or nickname in your MQL Community Profile. Nobody likes to talk to a number, unless you are in prison.

Second, When you start a post seeking help, EXPLAIN very briefly your problem in the subject of the post, no one will help who posts things like "Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

And last, you need to understand if the problem is with your Broker (those guys who manage your account and margins) or with Metatrader (the platform that executes your trades).

;)

20683974: You could  set your  risk 25x 100x 200x ect.

You are confusing margin requirements with risk. Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the symbol. It does not depend on margin or leverage. No SL means you have infinite risk (on leveraged symbols). Never risk more than a small percentage of your trading funds, certainly less than 2% per trade, 6% total.

1. You place the stop where it needs to be — where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce, the stop goes below the support. Then you compute your lot size.

2. AccountBalance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the spread, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/PIP, but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)

3. Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency.
              MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers - MQL4 programming forum (2017)
              Is there an universal solution for Tick value? - Currency Pairs - General - MQL5 programming forum (2018)
              Lot value calculation off by a factor of 100 - MQL5 programming forum (2019)

4. You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.

5. You must also check Free Margin to avoid stop out

6. For MT5, see 'Money Fixed Risk' - MQL5 Code Base (2017)

Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP. A $5 risk with a (very small) 5 PIP SL is $5/$10/5 or 0.1 Lots maximum.

A Friendly Shout Out:  How to apply the VPS purchase to new MQL5 account with the Remote Computer Name (not found) with City Trading Imperium funding my account?  Would love a look together at the setup of account and its operation.