Experts: 10 points on EURUSD & GBPUSD - page 3

It turned 10K into 20 Million from 2008.10.01 until 2010.02.04 when risking 5% of account balance.

The only problem is that it crashes the account long before reaching 2008 when test starts in October of 1999 (on Alpari UK historical data, D1).

Any improvement ideas anyone?

I have been playing with this code for several days. I have a couple of questions/observations:

1. Has anyone run this one year at at time? It seems to me that the most recent years seem to drop off in profit/successful trades pretty significantly.

2. Has anyone tried this strategy with trailing stops instead of take profits? I re-wrote this into my own code, and it seems pretty darn successful. I don't know what the rules are on copying someone's code and modifying it a bit, so I don't want to post it here yet.

Just some thoughts. This whole strategy seems too easy!

Hi..thank's for sharing your EA. I try on demo, but why your EA open position for many times? When order get TP/SL, this EA always open position again. Any code for fix this problem? Thank you.

If I activate the EA - follow text occurs:

Cannot set OP_SELLSTOP
The price is not satisfied to the market entry condition

the same text for BUYSTOP.

What to do now ?

P.S:
The questions of pdufresne
"I am getting a error 130 everytime the EA tries to place an order. No orders are ever placed."
is not answered yet.

Thanks for helping¨!

sincerely

I got it !

Solution for my problem and maybe for pdufresne as well.

You have to set in the code:

extern int Digits2Round = 1;

instead of:

extern int Digits2Round = 2;

I Think thats all.

thanks to RomanY

My idea is that it steadily loses from Jan 2007 because it probably doesn't really work, and a clue is when somebody says, use it on this pair or that pair, but what about those pairs. Systems lose because they have a bias up or down one way or another usually because of curve fitting meaning they were tested on an ideal data chunk that fit the system's bias, for ex. long makes money and short loses. the only way to find out if a system really works is to test it across many pairs and in different markets and if it works it should pretty much work on almost everything, and from my experience those are very few and far between. Well have to go. Later dudes

This didn't work for me when I tried it. Can you (or someone else) send me a PM with the code that works for you. I still get the error.

I want to try this EA because I have manually BT the same strategy and found it to be unprofitable but the results shown here show otherwise.

Thanks!

username:

I got it !

Solution for my problem and maybe for pdufresne as well.

You have to set in the code:

extern int Digits2Round = 1;

instead of:

extern int Digits2Round = 2;

I Think thats all.

thanks to RomanY

I constantly get this error: Cannot set OP_SELLSTOP

The price is not satisfied to the market entry condition.

What shall I do? Please HELP!!!

fgiovanardi:

I constantly get this error: Cannot set OP_SELLSTOP

The price is not satisfied to the market entry condition.

What shall I do? Please HELP!!!

Please contact me at fgiovanardi@yahoo.com. Thank you.

username:
If I activate the EA - follow text occurs:

Cannot set OP_SELLSTOP
The price is not satisfied to the market entry condition

the same text for BUYSTOP.

What to do now ?

P.S:
The questions of pdufresne
"I am getting a error 130 everytime the EA tries to place an order. No orders are ever placed."
is not answered yet.

Thanks for helping¨!

sincerely

I had the same problem, now I have changed the dclock settings both on my remote hosting VPS and on my home computer from local time to GMT (UTC) time, and EA seems to work now!!