Indicators: Horizontal Grid Lines on Chart

Horizontal Grid Lines on Chart:

The GRID10 indicator will draw a grid on a chart using grid lines positioned and separated at a convenient power of ten. The grid is constructed appropriate to the range of the symbol being plotted on the chart.

Author: Ron

Nice feature, should be implemented in terminal...

But the indicator is also OK. Much better as fixed grid.

Useful thing

Very nice. If you add grid lines at the 1/4 levels between it may be even more useful since the herd mentality play at those levels.

Hi and thank you all for your constructive comments.

I would agree that an auto-aligning grid feature would be a welcome addition to the terminal, maybe it will be in the future.

There is a very simple code mod to get the grid lines to appear at 1/4 step levels too; At the bottom of the code, near the end of the loop where the grid is constructed, change this line:

gridPos += gridRes;

and divide the grid resolution by 4:

gridPos += gridRes / 4.0;

Or, to get a line every 1/2 step, divide by 2.

Thank you very much for this indicator, it was not excactly what i was looking for, but this really helps me!

Thank you very much for this, its perfect for me and so neat & tidy, combined with mt4's fixed scaling, I've found it invaluable.

Kate 

MQL4 Comments:

Very nice. If you add grid lines at the 1/4 levels between it may be even more useful since the herd mentality play at those levels.

Agreed.

Very nice grid any chance you have it for MT5