Strategy tester issue // Stop loss and take profit ignored - page 2

Scott Gibbons #:
its 2023 and I can confirm METATRADER 5 strategy tester ignores stop losses when they're in a loss.
Really ? Please post the evidences to reproduce it.

Alain Verleyen #:
Really ? Please post the evidences to reproduce it.

i have the same experience as the original poster that already shared a screen shot of a visual test violating a SL. And this behavior does not happen on alternative testing platforms and during live/demo execution. Only in strategy tester.

Below is a trade that should have triggered a SL multiple times, gets ignored, and eventually I believe it trades up into a profit. If ran live, with the same settings it would have taken a loss as it should.
Some settings for the test are "100ms delay" and "floating spread". 

Scott Gibbons #:

i have the same experience as the original poster that already shared a screen shot of a visual test violating a SL. And this behavior does not happen on alternative testing platforms and during live/demo execution. Only in strategy tester.

Below is a trade that should have triggered a SL multiple times, gets ignored, and eventually I believe it trades up into a profit. If ran live, with the same settings it would have taken a loss as it should.
Some settings for the test are "100ms delay" and "floating spread". 

You have to understand that it's not a general issue with the Strategy Tester and that it needs to be reproduced to have a chance to be fixed.

So. Firstly is it happening with any EA ? If using a standard EA like a Moving Average you got the same behaviour ?

Secondly, please say which server you are using ?

Third, what are the Strategy Tester settings ? Please post a screenshot similar to this one.

Alain Verleyen #:

You have to understand that it's not a general issue with the Strategy Tester and that it needs to be reproduced to have a chance to be fixed.

So. Firstly is it happening with any EA ? If using a standard EA like a Moving Average you got the same behaviour ?

Secondly, please say which server you are using ?

Third, what are the Strategy Tester settings ? Please post a screenshot similar to this one.

When i first opened the Strategy Tester from this broker, the currency defaulted was "BIT" as that is what the account is in. I believe that causes the stop losses to not trigger in the Strategy Tester. When I changed the test currency to USD the stop losses functioned normally again and trades were sequenced correctly as a result. So I believe that to be the problem. Hope this helps anybody in the future. The currency could be the problem.

Scott Gibbons #:

When i first opened the Strategy Tester from this broker, the currency defaulted was "BIT" as that is what the account is in. I believe that causes the stop losses to not trigger in the Strategy Tester. When I changed the test currency to USD the stop losses functioned normally again and trades were sequenced correctly as a result. So I believe that to be the problem. Hope this helps anybody in the future. The currency could be the problem.

Yes, the deposit currency in the Tester is the problem. I reproduced it.

So the workaround is simple and I reported it to MQ.