Experts: RUBBERBANDS_3 EA - page 2

StJojo:
henrycol69:

Hi all, excuse my english, i am italian and i need to translate everything tat is written in english. Dearest friend, i tried with great difficulty to operate manually simulating an EA which had the following operation, i'd know if you can create your version 3 RB? The operation is very simple, we need to open two locations in one buy and one to sell. When one arrives at a gain of + 10$ you have to close that location and open only one of the same sign in order to be closed before it was losing money but that could be recovered and the second that gives us the gain in case payment continue in the one just closed. Another variant could be that the closure of one of the other two were reopened, and two, one sell and one to buy.

Hi, thank you for your idea. The first part of your method is almost the same as this EA when you set "pipstep"="backstep"=pips equivalent to 10$. As for the second part ("Another variant"), it would be the same when you close all orders when one order takes profit, and start over.

Hello StJojo and thank you sincerely, for your effort with this EA. I currently have Blessing, Pip Maker, Unequal Hedge, and of course, Rubberbands :)

I love the grid type system because, too me, it's the only thing that makes sense. NO ONE knows which direction the market is going to go. I've been rolling an idea around in my head here about pip steps. I don't like a fixed number being pulled out of the blue and utilized. Why is pip step 50? Some programs use Average True Range/Standard Deviation, some don't. My idea is to use previous bar highs and previous bar lows. Would that work? This would be a larger time frame option of course, because a TF below H1 would probably drain the margin.

Do you think using previous bar highs and previous bar lows could be used for pip steps?

Regards

Mr.MC

enricm2:

Cuold you tell me wich are the optimal parameters to test this EA? I have played with M5, M15 and M30 timeframes and I am always getting a 20% loss.

Well, the preset values of "use_sessionSL" and "sessionSL" would prevent profit-making. This EA basically does not depend on timeframes because it does not use any time-dependent indicators nor functions, although results may differ among different timeframes when tested with Strategy Tester, I don't know why.

Mr.Mc wrote:

Hello StJojo and thank you sincerely, for your effort with this EA. I currently have Blessing, Pip Maker, Unequal Hedge, and of course, Rubberbands :)

I love the grid type system because, too me, it's the only thing that makes sense. NO ONE knows which direction the market is going to go. I've been rolling an idea around in my head here about pip steps. I don't like a fixed number being pulled out of the blue and utilized. Why is pip step 50? Some programs use Average True Range/Standard Deviation, some don't. My idea is to use previous bar highs and previous bar lows. Would that work? This would be a larger time frame option of course, because a TF below H1 would probably drain the margin.

Do you think using previous bar highs and previous bar lows could be used for pip steps?

Regards

Mr.MC

Ummm..dynamic pip step..it never occurred to me and I like it. I'm still trying to improve RUBBERBANDS, -2, and -3, and while doing so, I will put your idea into the code as an option when new property "use_previous_HL"==true.

StJojo:

Hi there. I'm sorry and I have to adimit that this EA is not up to anybody's expectations. I've been doing lots of "head games" for improvements, though ... to no avail. Well, I will update this one by implementing your ideas and suggestions. Currently, I'm using the initial RUBBERBANDS for live trading, which is the most profitable among three. Anyway we have to reduce risks associated with any EA.

I found your inital version the best. Cld u explain what is the difference in the strategies that makes the first version more profitable? thks

Is it possible to use the exe file for live trades?Is it by default designed for use with the strategy tester? Going through the code of the variable dll, 97 is a buy, 98 is a sell and 9 is a closeall open orders. The exe, based on the pressing of the buttons, Buy Sell and Close places a 1 for variable 97 etc. Could this be used in EA for live trading? Excellent concept ot trade manually. Good Job.
Pat

Pat1:
Is it possible to use the exe file for live trades?Is it by default designed for use with the strategy tester? Going through the code of the variable dll, 97 is a buy, 98 is a sell and 9 is a closeall open orders. The exe, based on the pressing of the buttons, Buy Sell and Close places a 1 for variable 97 etc. Could this be used in EA for live trading? Excellent concept ot trade manually. Good Job.
Pat

Sorry, Wrong Thread!

StJojo:
Mr.Mc wrote:

Regards

Mr.MC

Ummm..dynamic pip step..it never occurred to me and I like it. I'm still trying to improve RUBBERBANDS, -2, and -3, and while doing so, I will put your idea into the code as an option when new property "use_previous_HL"==true.

Yes a dynamic pip step based on bar highs and lows. Bar highs and lows are important psychological benchmarks in the trading world. I think they could be used very effectively as pip step markers. We could even use different TF's. If your trading a 4H chart, the steps could be based on 1H highs/lows within a 4H candle. Highs and lows could also serve as TP points. The grid could draw off of highs and lows. All kinds of angles could be made based on Highs and Lows. Will look to see if this works out. Thanks for the opportunity to chip in.

Mr.MC

I am having a problem getting this code to strategy test. Do i have to change some external variables or something else?

can anyone create an expert advisor that will follow watever the parbolic sar(indicator

) says??

Should review this, Orders should be closed from highest index position backwards as the index array is renumbered when an order is closed

So in function close1by1...

for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)

should be

for (cnt=OrdersTotal()-1; cnt>=0; cnt--)

And...

I still think this should not be used on the majors but would work better on the ranging crosses, EURCHF, EURCAD and GBPCHF

Ooops - sorry bout that - didnt RTFM - the opening logic is reversed in this version, so the strong movers are OK :)

Good Luck

-BB-