Can I trade physical assets or cryptos as opposed to CFDs with MT5? - page 2

Marco vd Heijden:

I think you do not understand blockchain technology.

Point me to a transaction on the blockchain where someone sold BTC and where this results in a positive position today.

This should not be hard, if it is true what you claim.

I understand, bitcoin is one thing, blockchain is another, but you can go short or long on bitcoin, blockchain itself is just a book audited by math

That's incorrect.

CFD's are not 'Physical' Bitcoins.

The power behind blockchain technology is what prevents you from pointing to a short transaction on the blockchain.

Certainly it could be developed in a way that it would allow for short positions, but currently there is no such feature. 

actually, a little tip, bitcoin and all the known altcoins and cryptos account for 5% of the total blockchain capacity.... visa and mastercard are adopting it to process transactions via decentralized server farms around the world. buying stock in a good blockchain company right now would be like buying stock in apple before osx and the ipod released and holding onto it... seriously. its not going away. Even games and vr / spatial social networks are now being made with blockchain technlology, the block holding the data for the app etc. hashes man. hashes. i was mining btc until the halving last month making 120 usd a month letting 3 laptops run cryptotab with an x10 boost, but now it only rewards around 20 a month sadly. id have to get an s9 antminer. ANYWHO. anyone who thinks blockchain is a gimmick or not here to stay is going to be missing out on the future. a non country-sourced unit of currency is the future, it just is a guessing game as to which one it is and i dont think it will be btc unless they change line 1157 of the block code itself to alter the halving (more like 1/4 ing) mining rewards per hash every4 years and make it worthwhile again.

oh wow yah i didnt see it was a 2 year old post. well thats where were at today. blockchain is the new huge sheer breakthrough brilliance in code and design. now its games, apps, networks, displays, vpns, p2p, etc not just money. in fact it could act as a web server and power the internet and it would be one massive block everyone helped churn lol. that would be funny but not

hell along the lines of ExternOS, which uses node and javascript only for its desktop and environment, ive tested a browser based & IOT operating system written in nothing but blockchain code