Average pip movement for the market (Volatility) - page 2

Marco vd Heijden:

You can use espeak on linux its just one command to produce a wav file.

and you can put it in a script then make the entire engine at once.

Not very hard.

I can assure you that the created audio feed will reveal many unknowns, it's very helpful.

Yeah on linux. Let's weigh the pros and cons : what works in MT + espeak and what does not work in MT - espeak ? 

Icham Aidibe:

Yeah on linux. Let's weigh the pros and cons : what works in MT + espeak and what does not work in MT - espeak ? 

This depends on the user.

If someone wants to use market product or anything like that it won't work.

But i write my own stuff so for me i hardly notice any difference in user experience.

But the espeak is just to generate the WAV files, which you then copy to the sounds folder.

And then you simply call them in the code in specific order using Playsound() function.

So you dissect EURUSD into two calls to EURO.WAV and UNITED STATES DOLLAR.

Quite simple and you can also use that on Windows.

Not everybody has these sounds so if you want to make it into a product then you have to add the sounds as resources.

Max is 16Megabyte if my memory serves me correctly.

Marco vd Heijden:

High-Low over symbols total.

Then Arraymaximum and Arraiminimum to discover min and max amplitude.

This way, you get the whole picture.

Discover that all pairs with a specific base or counter move alike.

Discover front runners, and stalled ones, make use of the difference.

Get an idea of the nominal moves, and especially the cone of silence.

This is when the pushing and pulling suddenly stops, at that point you know where it's at, it's possible to trade the pullback too.

You can combine this, with the tickvalues in base currency to get a good overview of the entire market.

Example:

Hi Marko, interesting tool to give an overview of the market moves.

Is there anything like this on mql5 market? I need something like that

Thanks a lot!

The last time someone said 'i need' it didn't end well for me.

I don't know if there is anything like that on market.

Probably yes, something comparable.

You would have to look for it and also search code base.

But i am very sure that you can make one, because i did it too.

If that doesn't bear fruit then you can always have one custom made in freelance :)

Marco vd Heijden:

The last time someone said 'i need' it didn't end well for me.

I don't know if there is anything like that on market.

Probably yes, something comparable.

You would have to look for it and also search code base.

But i am very sure that you can make one, because i did it too.

If that doesn't bear fruit then you can always have one custom made in freelance :)

Sure, I will look to make this tool for my trading.

It would be nice to have some more insights on several techniques using this tool.

I appreciate your suggestions since I like to explore everything in this field!

Untill now I readed something like 50 or more financial book but very very few things and concept are really helpful, so I guess that the better discoveries are made with time, experience, pain and never giving up.

Most of trading books are made to make money on them; most of trading books for example are made with 150 pages on personal stories and actually very few pages to talk about trading :D

I'm sure that holy grail doesn't exist but when we come to talk about trading there are some things more interesting than others, tricks and techniques using unconventional methods for example.

Traditional technical analysis and traditional indicators are nothing special without knowing how to implement these tools with other things which actually make the differences like pivot levels and reactions at those key levels readed in the right manner.. I am convinced that it's all about some type of horizontal levels, I agree with Alexander Elder when he says that in his opinion market doesn't know diagonal levels (it's a matter of illusion)

Yeah i know.

If you pay attention you can actually spot the authors mistakes.

You can notice their believes and connect it to why they ended up writing these books.

The best tools are home brew, you can take my word for that.

I have already explained most of the mechanics a few posts back.

Mind you this tool developed over time indeed, i made it in all shapes and forms.

But when you plot the data in a table, it's does not radiate or speak like it does when a decent visualization is used.

The goal is to put the entire market on one chart, in a way that you can spot the magic, in the blink of an eye.

Marco vd Heijden:

Yeah i know.

If you pay attention you can actually spot the authors mistakes.

You can notice their believes and connect it to why they ended up writing these books.

The best tools are home brew, you can take my word for that.

I have already explained most of the mechanics a few posts back.

Mind you this tool developed over time indeed, i made it in all shapes and forms.

But when you plot the data in a table, it's does not radiate or speak like it does when a decent visualization is used.

The goal is to put the entire market on one chart, in a way that you can spot the magic, in the blink of an eye.

Yes, I totally agree with you about the market as a whole.

I will look forward in this direction :)

Marco vd Heijden:

High-Low over symbols total.

Then Arraymaximum and Arraiminimum to discover min and max amplitude.

This way, you get the whole picture.

Discover that all pairs with a specific base or counter move alike.

Discover front runners, and stalled ones, make use of the difference.

Get an idea of the nominal moves, and especially the cone of silence.

This is when the pushing and pulling suddenly stops, at that point you know where it's at, it's possible to trade the pullback too.

You can combine this, with the tickvalues in base currency to get a good overview of the entire market.

Example:

That is nice!