Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5 - Problem 2! - page 2

Icham Aidibe:

:D

Btw your problem3 compiles well also!!!

Well not here!?

Carl Schreiber:

I am using the MQL5 editor!

I control it as the editor for mt4 offers the references of MQL4 AND MQL5 - the MQL5-editor offers only the reference of MQL5!

I re-checked it, so this cannot be the problem!

In mql4 I haven had any problem!

Of course it's the problem. An mq4 file is expected to have mql4 code. Rename your file(s) to mq5.

Alain Verleyen:
Of course it's the problem. An mq4 file is expected to have mql4 code. Rename your file(s) to mq5.

Ah  - now I understand the problem. I loaded the indicator as mql4 file, and tried to save it as ..: I see the name of the mql4-file and below that: "Type MQL5 source file (*.mq5).

Because of this I assumed that it is saved as mql5 file - but it wasn't!

Thanks - I guess that's it: The editor does not change extension, windows doesn't allow it either - nice trap :(

Carl Schreiber:

Ah  - now I understand the problem. I loaded the indicator as mql4 file, and tried to save it as ..: I see the name of the mql4-file and below that: "Type MQL5 source file (*.mq5).

Because of this I assumed that it is saved as mql5 file - but it wasn't!

Thanks - I guess that's it: The editor does not change extension, windows doesn't allow it either - nice trap :(

Actually it's a bug. It changes the extension if you goes to an other option and then goes back to "MQL5 source file...".

But as it's the first in the list, it doesn't change by default. Could be reported to Metaquotes.

Alain Verleyen:

Actually it's a bug. It changes the extension if you goes to an other option and then goes back to "MQL5 source file...".

But as it's the first in the list, it doesn't change by default. Could be reported to Metaquotes.

I'll write them..

Carl Schreiber:
I'll write them..