Indicators: Volume with Custom Moving Average

Volume with Custom Moving Average:

Indicator Volume with Custom Moving Average

Author: John Smith

I like this indicator because the user can select to show a moving average as of any type (sma, ema, etc.)  I would like to see a second moving average added.  In this manner, for example, the indicator would show on the volume bars, both a 10SMA and perhaps a 5EMA.  The crossings may be a better indicator of the direction the volume (of ticks I understand) is taking.

I am trying myself to alter the code to accomplish the addition of the second moving average, unsuccessfully so far, as I am new to this.

I request that anyone with good coding skills please undertake to add the provision for a second moving average to this indicator.

Thank you.

Thanks, just what I was looking for. 

MQL4 Comments:

I like this indicator because the user can select to show a moving average as of any type (sma, ema, etc.)  I would like to see a second moving average added.  In this manner, for example, the indicator would show on the volume bars, both a 10SMA and perhaps a 5EMA.  The crossings may be a better indicator of the direction the volume (of ticks I understand) is taking.

I am trying myself to alter the code to accomplish the addition of the second moving average, unsuccessfully so far, as I am new to this.

I request that anyone with good coding skills please undertake to add the provision for a second moving average to this indicator.

Thank you.

I stumbled upon this indicator and noticed your request. Well, I've got good news for you (almost 12 years later).

I reached out to a friendly community of coders and a generous person who goes by the username cja added an additional MA to the indicator. :)

You can see the post Here.  

Files:
volumeMA2.mq4  21 kb

Is there a MT5 version of this indicator?

Volume Average percent
Volume Average percent
  • www.mql5.com
This version is a sort of normalized version - since it shows Volume as a percent compared to the Average Volume over a chosen period.