Windows 10 April 2018 Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid

On April 30, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system Windows 10 April 2018 Update. This update affects configurations and encryption keys similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect traders' information, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. This protection method ensures that even if platform files are stolen, hackers will not be able to connect to traders' accounts or use products purchased from the Market.

Unfortunately, after the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update, all passwords of trading accounts stored on your computer will become invalid. We highly recommend that you prepare for the new Windows release and save your passwords in a safe place, in order to be able to connect to your accounts after the update.

Due to the change of encryption keys, applications purchased from the Market will lose one activation, because all products are bound to the operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

On April 30, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system Windows 10 April 2018 Update. This update affects configurations and encryption keys similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect traders' information, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. This protection method ensures that even if platform files are stolen, hackers will not be able to connect to traders' accounts or use products purchased from the Market.

Unfortunately, after the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update, all passwords of trading accounts stored on your computer will become invalid. We highly recommend that you prepare for the new Windows release and save your passwords in a safe place, in order to be able to connect to your accounts after the update.

Due to the change of encryption keys, applications purchased from the Market will lose one activation, because all products are bound to the operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

What about EA's installed on multiple windows 10 PC's? I have EA's with 5 activation's that I've installed across 3 PC's. Does this mean all my activation's will be used to get them back on all 3 PC's even though I've already activated on these and should have 2 left?

Adding an additional activation is one thing, but for example with EvoNight-Trader I have to buy the EA newly, this is not acceptable. I just tried EvoNight, but may be there are other, allready purchesed EAs with the same problem. Can you please check my account and unlock my EAs!?!?

Thanks a lot. I see this is not your fault, I dont blame you.

Hi

I just reinstalled Metatrader5 and failed to activate my Storage from the Editor. I get an error:

failed activation MQL5 Storage - storage.mql.io:443 send failed [401: Unauthorized]

I run Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1709 (no idea about this April update).

I re-entered the password, still not work.

A manual connection with Subversion client works well.

It is related to this encryption problem and how to solve?

i updated to Windows 10 and MT4 still works fine 

My system updated this weekend and all market EA's on MT4 stopped working and I can't install them again. Any idea how to solve this??

Staffan Ofwerman:
My system updated this weekend and all market EA's on MT4 stopped working and I can't install them again. Any idea how to solve this??

write to the service desk

I got an windows 10 update on the 23rd Aug 2019, and after the update, the two indicators that I bough are not showing up anymore.

I tried to login to my MT4 try to login to my mql5.com account to download the indicator again, but fail.

I have no choice but to remove everything, and reinstall MT4, and dowload the indicator again, but then I notice by doing so, I've lost 1 activation. Which now I have 3 out of 5 activation left.

How do I claim back the activation, as I read from this article, that I can get a free activation

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/242676

Please advice, and looking forward to your reply.

• www.mql5.com
Windows 10 April 2018 Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalidOn April 30, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating...