Any Idea why Ea does not trade on MT4?

I have just commissioned two Ea from teh same developer.

During the development, I noticed that ach time he becomes anxious for the project to close, he starts making errors as in the EA becomes erratic. but not enough to reach out for arbitration.

After delivering one EA and close to the delivering of second EA, I notice that both EA start developing erratic patterns. First EA delivered receives all the alerts that should start it trading but it just sits there. Does nothing.

Second EA not fully delivered should make OC (one cancels other) trades and once one pending trade is activated, second pending trade should be cancelled.

Now second EA instead of making two pending trades now makes one or does not trade at all.

I am not very familiar with teh technicalities of MT4 but what can stop EA from being active?

Journal acknowledges that the indicators taht should activate trading are working and alerts are being received.

Experts log acknowldge the receipt of the relevant triggers but still no trade.

I have moved MT4 to a VPS in the hope that the new environment will enable a fresh start and activate the EA to trade. Nada. Nothing is happening which makes me come to the conclusion it is the EA.

What can Ilook out for in the journal or expert log to narrow the problem down?

Any ideas?

1. If you have the smilie face and no errors in the log, the EA is active and doing what it is coded to do. Whether that is what you want it to do is a different matter.
  2. Without the code, we can only guess. Only your coder can help you.

Sean Bankole-Williams:

I have just commissioned two Ea from teh same developer.

During the development, I noticed that ach time he becomes anxious for the project to close, he starts making errors as in the EA becomes erratic. but not enough to reach out for arbitration.

After delivering one EA and close to the delivering of second EA, I notice that both EA start developing erratic patterns. First EA delivered receives all the alerts that should start it trading but it just sits there. Does nothing.

Second EA not fully delivered should make OC (one cancels other) trades and once one pending trade is activated, second pending trade should be cancelled.

Now second EA instead of making two pending trades now makes one or does not trade at all.

I am not very familiar with teh technicalities of MT4 but what can stop EA from being active?

Journal acknowledges that the indicators taht should activate trading are working and alerts are being received.

Experts log acknowldge the receipt of the relevant triggers but still no trade.

I have moved MT4 to a VPS in the hope that the new environment will enable a fresh start and activate the EA to trade. Nada. Nothing is happening which makes me come to the conclusion it is the EA.

What can Ilook out for in the journal or expert log to narrow the problem down?

Any ideas?

When you put it in tester, does it buy and sell as it was coded to perform?

Chris Mukengeshayi:

When you put it in tester, does it buy and sell as it was coded to perform?

Yes but put the same EA that was trading in the tester in demo and it is doing nothing.

Sean Bankole-Williams:

Yes but put the same EA that was trading in the tester in demo and it is doing nothing.

I got fed up with the inactivity and restarted my pc including I suppose the vps.

now the EA is makinga  trade but i have just spotted a significant omission. I need to put the EA back on the market.

To the ignorant, even a little bit of knowledge seems expert.

Thank you for your interest. I will close this thread because it seems the only way out is to restart the environment even after two days.

Sean Bankole-Williams:

sometime it could be the spread which the order is getting sent with, try using a default of 3