Calling windows time from within EA?

Is there a way to use any other time from within an MT4 EA or script, other than the server time? For example could one use windows system time to signal the start of some procedure, rather than have to wait on the server time to update, which can take 20 seconds in some cases ? I don't need any coding help, i just need to know if a work-around is possible.

Cheers. 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Hello,

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

• They are more people who can answer there.
  • They are more people who can have similar problem there.
  • A forum is not only to get help but to share with the community, mql4/MT4 community isn't the same as mql5/MT5 community.

Aaronsebaronse:

Is there a way to use any other time from within an MT4 EA or script, other than the server time? For example could one use windows system time to signal the start of some procedure, rather than have to wait on the server time to update, which can take 20 seconds in some cases ? I don't need any coding help, i just need to know if a work-around is possible.

Cheers. 

Why don´t you use extern calls to DLL's?

BrancoVelho #: Why don´t you use extern calls to DLL's?

Obviously this thread should be in the MT4/MQL4 section, but there is no need to use DLL calls on either platform. The current MQL4+, just like in MQL5, supports various time functions, including local time and GMT time ...

Aaronsebaronse: Is there a way to use any other time from within an MT4 EA or script, other than the server time?

Perhaps you should read the manual. TimeLocal and TimeGMT
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.