mql4 strategy tester not running on 1hr chart

Hi

Found a strange problem... The strategy tester works fine on 4hr chart but as soon as I want to test it on 1hr. It runs but has absoutely no result. Running the same EA on visual mode does actually create trades so it does work but for some reason on 1hr chart just doesn't give me any data to optimize. Any ideas will help a lot.

Thanks

1. MT4/MQL4 belongs to the last thread - gonna be moved later.
  2. Check the journals! My crystal ball has got a crack. :(

6040454:

Hi

Found a strange problem... The strategy tester works fine on 4hr chart but as soon as I want to test it on 1hr. It runs but has absoutely no result. Running the same EA on visual mode does actually create trades so it does work but for some reason on 1hr chart just doesn't give me any data to optimize. Any ideas will help a lot.

Thanks

Have you downloaded 1H history candles ?

Carl Schreiber:
  1. MT4/MQL4 belongs to the last thread - gonna be moved later.
  2. Check the journals! My crystal ball has got a crack. :(
Sorry I thought I was on mql4? :(

Philippe Pauleau:

Have you downloaded 1H history candles ?

Hi, I didn't no? But if I can run the 4h candles with the tester surely the 1h would run as well. It downloads the data before it starts the test doesn't it? That is how I understand it.

6040454:

Hi, I didn't no? But if I can run the 4h candles with the tester surely the 1h would run as well. It downloads the data before it starts the test doesn't it? That is how I understand it.

In order to backtest on a timeframe, you must first download the corresponding history data for that timeframe.

Philippe Pauleau:

In order to backtest on a timeframe, you must first download the corresponding history data for that timeframe.

Hi thanks, when I go to the download center to download data I get a "there is no new data for a symbol" but I know CrudeOil for example has data past 2018 on the minute chart surely? On the hour chart doesn't go past 2017, this can't be right?

Thanks for any help in advance