MT4 shutdown - page 2

Hi All

To complete your remarks, I do not think that the decision makers of metaquotes are traders or programmers because we see that MT5 is made for neither one nor the other.

I've been trading for almost 10 years on MT4 and I've had cost-effective advisors for 5 years, I have more than 500 subscribers on my MT4 account and the first one but I'm not a real programmer, MT4 has allowed me to create these experts and make money. MT4 is a free platform that is fantastic I have a lot of funds on my algorithms and if Metaquotes close MT4 I will at least temporarily stop trading as my experts are not ready to be translated into MQL5. I don't want to lose money because of a marketing decision.

If customers do not have the power, I hope the brokers who feed Metaquotes will have more arguments. For brokers to pressure metaquotes, customers would have to threaten brokers to quit if MT4 stops.

If you want to keep MT4, you know what to do...

be strong and persuasive

sorry for my language, google tranlated it for me :-)

My serious suggestion, and that is if MT4 is really shutting down, is to email the creators passionately on why MT4 is better and that it is the crucial platform of choice.

Prataprai Kaneria:

I have been using mt4 since June 2008 and I love it. It has a few shortcomings which can easily be fixed.

I think that MetaQuotes is a company run by programmers and not traders. They do not realize that whole idea of using a trading platform is to make

money trading and not writing sophisticated  code.

Damm right! Businesses have always been about stability, providing a reliable end-point to clients. Bells and whistles (and evolution) should be for their personal github projects or a software market that demands such, like video-games.

Dear friends, can someone please tell me what makes you think that MT4 will end this year?

MQL5 with its hedge prohibition was written for the US market. But Americans have taken protectionist measures, including banning their fellow citizens from trading with foreign brokers and preventing them from moving to their homes.

Since Metaquote traine MT5 as a burden they would like to make profitable. But if they close MT4, they will join suddenly on Kodak, PanAm, Nokia ... who were also great leaders in their markets.

They should think about it!

that will be the good news if MT4 shut down on this years.

there is no reason to keep MT4 alive since MT5 can do the same things.

and MT5 is more powerful...

Dear friends, regardless of our opinions... can someone please confirm that you have read or heard from a reliable source that MQL5 in fact plants to shut down MT4 this year? 

Felipe Ponce Aragon:
Dear friends, regardless of our opinions... can someone please confirm that you have read or heard from a reliable source that MQL5 in fact plants to shut down MT4 this year

Agree! Loads of gossip........But does anyone know for sure about anything about this? This topic is something that Meta Quotes themselves has to confirm true or false.

Felipe Ponce Aragon:
Dear friends, can someone please tell me what makes you think that MT4 will end this year?

http://www.forexlive.com/news/!/mt4-to-be-discontinued-20180112

https://www.financemagnates.com/forex/technology/metaquotes-will-no-longer-offer-mt4-trading-platform/

Metaquotes Will No Longer Sell its MT4 Trading Platform
Metaquotes Will No Longer Sell its MT4 Trading Platform
  • Reshef Mashraky
  • www.financemagnates.com
FM Home Retail FX Technology Metaquotes Will No Longer Sell its MT4 Trading Platform Metaquotes has just made an announcement that is likely to materially affect the industry, stating that it will no longer sell the Metatrader 4 trading platform. The company elaborates that the system is outdated and cannot be developed further. The decision...

Thank you fxn,

I find super irresponsible that most EAs are MQL4, they should pressure AND HELP all sellers in the conversion of their EAs to MQL5, or create a solution to run MT4 EAs in the MT5 PLATFORM with no problem. Now everyone who purchased EAs is going to lose them if they don't do it!

And of course, losing my purchased EAs will only bring sadness, anger, and make me want not to buy more EAs!