Metatrader 5 market watch does not show current instrument movement?

Hi there,

Maybe I am wrong but with my previous platform I was able to immediately see the daily movement (pips) of all my instruments that I am watching; and this was useful to see at a glance what is UP and what is DOWN at that very instant in time of the day....

With Metatrader 5 you do not seem to have this functionality in the Market Watch window; which seems to only show variables such as Bid, Ask, High, Low, etc.

Maybe I am wrong, but I cannot seem to "find" such a variable that shows me the current pip movement of an instrument in the Metatrader 5 Market Watch window (or anywhere else) and the only way then to determine current daily movement of an instrument is to derive/calc this from the charts or from the available data....?

Can anyone assist?

Regards,

Jeandre

JeandreBotha:

Hi there,

Maybe I am wrong but with my previous platform I was able to immediately see the daily movement (pips) of all my instruments that I am watching; and this was useful to see at a glance what is UP and what is DOWN at that very instant in time of the day....

With Metatrader 5 you do not seem to have this functionality in the Market Watch window; which seems to only show variables such as Bid, Ask, High, Low, etc.

Maybe I am wrong, but I cannot seem to "find" such a variable that shows me the current pip movement of an instrument in the Metatrader 5 Market Watch window (or anywhere else) and the only way then to determine current daily movement of an instrument is to derive/calc this from the charts or from the available data....?

Can anyone assist?

Regards,

Jeandre

Perhaps look in the data window...? it will show the Open High Low  Close (daily chart)

JeandreBotha:

Hi there,

Can anyone assist?

Regards,

Jeandre

MT5 provides the basic features, all what is not available can be coded.

Look at the Codebase and the Market, a lot of things already exist.

david mackay:

Perhaps look in the data window...? it will show the Open High Low  Close (daily chart)

No, not there.

I wanna see the real time daily pip movement for each instrument in the Market Watch window...it is such an easy concept! - just cannot believe that it is not a standard indicator in the MT5 platform.....

JeandreBotha:

No, not there.

I wanna see the real time daily pip movement for each instrument in the Market Watch window...it is such an easy concept! - just cannot believe that it is not a standard indicator in the MT5 platform.....

I was looking for it also. Its something that tradeview does.