backtest historical data?

Is It possible check 99% of quality for backtest on hitorical data?

Jhennifher: Is It possible check 99% of quality for backtest on hitorical data?

I have already answered that question for you in another thread, but I will add some more detail here.

That is only possible when using 3rd Party tools (or your own tools) that generate non-standard FXT files, usually with real tick data. The 99.90% is a fictitious value produced by the 3rd party tool and has no real meaning. Sometimes it even appears as "n/a". It is just a way of identifying that non-standard FXT files.

Also, when generating those non-standard FXT data files, you should also generate all the HST files as well so that there are no mismatch errors between the data of the two file formats.

Fernando Carreiro:

I have already answered that question for you in another thread, but I will add some more detail here.

That is only possible when using 3rd Party tools (or your own tools) that generate non-standard FXT files, usually with real tick data. The 99.90% is a fictitious value produced by the 3rd party tool and has no real meaning. Sometimes it even appears as "n/a". It is just a way of identifying that non-standard FXT files.

Also, when generating those non-standard FXT data files, you should also generate all the HST files as well so that there are no mismatch errors between the data of the two file formats.

What means 3rd "Party" tools?

Let´s assume I have account at Broker X, is It recommended I ask at Broker X the non-standard FXT files? Cause the files from 3rd Party tools come form a determinate source; this way, will not It be distant of files from Broker X?

Jhennifher: What means 3rd "Party" tools? Let´s assume I have account at Broker X, is It recommended I ask at Broker X the non-standard FXT files? Cause the files from 3rd Party tools come form a determinate source; this way, will not It be distant of files from Broker X?
  1. MetaQuotes, creator of MetaTrader - is 1st Party.
  2. You, as the user of MetaTrader - is 2nd Party.
  3. Any outsider person or company, that makes applications or tools for MetaTrader - is 3rd Party.

If I use just m1 from histdata, is It necessary 3rd Party tool? Cause, in this case, I wll not emulate data to maors timeframe...In this case, will be the quality high?