Historical data - page 4

Fernando Carreiro:

The question was not for you. It was for the OP because he/she is using a Lindsay Ellingson image for the avatar!

You don't seem to be experienced with TickStory, or Tick Data Suit, or experienced with MT4 back-testing practices or even know why virtual/stealth stops are useful in getting more accurate results during back-tests.

So, please stop trolling the thread as you are not contributing anything useful!

Teach me. How would virtual stops be better for backtests

Icham Aidibe: Teach me. How would virtual stops be better for backtests
Do the research. It is explained on many threads! If you want a mentor, then open up a Freelance job!

Fernando Carreiro:
Do the research. It is explained on many threads! If you want a mentor, then open up a Freelance job!

Oh. Is it ? Whatever. I have to do, I leave you with Lindsay Ellingson. Alone, with no trolls around :)

Fernando Carreiro:

Please be aware however, that if your EA uses Pending Orders or Real T/P and S/L and not stealth/virtual stops, then your back-test results will be highly flawed and "too good" to be true.

If your EA uses market orders and allows the use of Virtual/stealth stops, then you should be OK. If not, then Tick Data Suite, can help provide more realistic results for your back-test.

However, if this is a bought EA, I would reconsider whether it is worth it or not, as most "sold" EAe are not really profitable at all.

The only time I can consider an EA as having possible potential, is when it is coded for an experienced trader for a strategy that he/she has used for a long time and knows that it is profitable.

Other than that, I would not suggest investing in a bought or closed source EA. Never trust closed-source EAs - always have the source code for it!

Thank you very much.

Now I realize It is necessary, first, understand about Real/Virtual orders.

As you mentioned, here in forum there is this discussion. I will take a look (if you want, feel free to talk about it here; I would be glad :D).

I don´t know if my EA uses Real or Virtual;

I think It is real, cause, in hedge grid, during backtest, I had long closed in the middle of gap and short closed only 90 points after price came back of gap (attached image);

Backtest has fixed spread in 10 points;

Developer explained that Broker closed long in the middle of gap; this way, EA received this information at exactly moment price appeared on chart and closed long; but short was closed only 90 point after :((...I loosed money here!)

The developer said It is necessary change It to virual tp/sl, this way grid will not have this problem.

Fernando, why you pay tickstory if ducascopy has 99% of precision and you makes your own code?

Jhennifher: Fernando, why you pay tickstory if ducascopy has 99% of precision and you makes your own code?

I did not pay for it! I started using it when it was still free and because I helped the author out fixing some bugs, he later granted me a "special discount" for it.

However, I also have my own code which I wrote in PowerShell, which continually downloads the Dukascopy tick data in real-time, so that when I do use TickStory, it does not need to download anything and is immediately able to produce the FXT and HST files when I need them.

Jhennifher:

Now I realize It is necessary, first, understand about Real/Virtual orders.

As you mentioned, here in forum there is this discussion. I will take a look (if you want, feel free to talk about it here; I would be glad :D).

I don´t know if my EA uses Real or Virtual;

The developer said It is necessary change It to virual tp/sl, this way grid will not have this problem.

I don't mind explaining to you why virtual orders are useful in back-tests. I was just annoyed at the other user because he was just being disruptive and not providing any useful information for you!

Just tell me a little of your EA! If you want you can do it in private via PM message directly to me!

PS! Virtual stops are useful in back-test, but when used on live trading, then real-stops are more advisable.

Jhennifher:

I think It is real, cause, in hedge grid, during backtest, I had long closed in the middle of gap and short closed only 90 points after price came back of gap (attached image);

Developer explained that Broker closed long in the middle of gap; this way, EA received this information at exactly moment price appeared on chart and closed long; but short was closed only 90 point after :((...I loosed money here!)

If your EA is for Grid trading or uses Martingale, then don't bother with it. It will eventually just blow-up your account and make you lose all your money.

Fernando Carreiro:

I don't mind explaining to you why virtual orders are useful in back-tests. I was just annoyed at the other user because he was just being disruptive and not providing any useful information for you!

Just tell me a little of your EA! If you want you can do it in private via PM message directly to me!

PS! Virtual stops are useful in back-test, but when used on live trading, then real-stops are more advisable.

About avatar, I don´t want use my real photo here; this way, I´m using a blond like me :D

My EA works with hedge; It is the basic; EA executes orders based in some parameters, like bolinger and moving average.

So, what is the difference between virtual/real tp and sl?

I want backtest more real as possible; I don´t want a great performance on backtest and a poor in real trading, right?

So, for now, I´d like a experience with free options: like version lite or using data from dukascopy.

Fernando Carreiro:
If your EA is for Grid trading or uses Martingale, then don't bother with it. It will eventually just blow-up your account and make you lose all your money.

You mean the estrategie is not good or broker will deliberately do It?