Historical data - page 3

Icham Aidibe:

As I remember some brokers provides their own datas for MT4 ?

yes, but limited for few period

Fernando Carreiro:

Tick Data Suite has more functionality (but is also much more complex) and also the author has a different and more expensive payment plan compared to TickStory.

Do you know some functionalities does It offers?

Jhennifher:

yes, but limited for few period

If you really care about having exactly the same datas as your broker's feed you may find a mt5 version of your EA. 

But globally, prices differences ... one'd better mind spread for example

Jhennifher: Do you know some functionalities does It offers?

Yes, variable spread, virtual slippage, etc. but it would be best if you actually read the information on their site: https://eareview.net/tick-data-suite

Since, I code my own EAs, I only use TickStory, because the rest I can do in my code for myself.

Jhennifher:

Do you know some functionalities does It offers?

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, variable spread, virtual slippage, etc. but it would be best if you actually read the information on their site: https://eareview.net/tick-data-suite

Since, I code my own EAs, I only use TickStory, because the rest I can do in my code for myself.

There you go ! TickStory is good enough to start if you estimate upward your broker spread - cause spreads from datas as ticks prices ALSO are differents from your broker's ones.  

Jhennifher: Do you know some functionalities does It offers?

Please be aware however, that if your EA uses Pending Orders or Real T/P and S/L and not stealth/virtual stops, then your back-test results will be highly flawed and "too good" to be true.

If your EA uses market orders and allows the use of Virtual/stealth stops, then you should be OK. If not, then Tick Data Suite, can help provide more realistic results for your back-test.

However, if this is a bought EA, I would reconsider whether it is worth it or not, as most "sold" EAe are not really profitable at all.

The only time I can consider an EA as having possible potential, is when it is coded for an experienced trader for a strategy that he/she has used for a long time and knows that it is profitable.

Other than that, I would not suggest investing in a bought or closed source EA. Never trust closed-source EAs - always have the source code for it!

Fernando Carreiro:

Please be aware however, that if your EA uses Pending Orders or Real T/P and S/L and not stealth/virtual stops, then your back-test results will be highly flawed and "too good" to be true.

If your EA uses market orders and allows the use of Virtual/stealth stops, then you should be OK. If not, then Tick Data Suite, can help provide more realistic results for your back-test.

However, if this is a bought EA, I would reconsider whether it is worth it or not, as most "sold" EAe are not really profitable at all.

The only time I can consider an EA as having possible potential, is when it is coded for an experience trader for a strategy that he/she has used for a long time and knows that it is profitable.

Other than that, I would not suggest investing in a bought or closed source EA. Never trust closed-source EAs - always have the source code for it!

And on the other hand, please be aware, virtuals stops remains virtuals. In fine, you'd better code it yourself and basta ! 

Fernando Carreiro:
By the way, I see you are using an image of Lindsay Ellingson's as your avatar! Are you a fan of her work?

Whatever Fernando... Virtual stops lacks in the fact that it's never or rarely closed at the exact price. That's very bad for a scalper. 

Jhennifher:

By the way, I see you are using an image of Lindsay Ellingson's as your avatar! Are you a fan of her work?

Icham Aidibe: Whatever Fernando... Virtual stops lacks in the fact that it's never or rarely closed at the exact price. That's very bad for a scalper. 

The question was not for you. It was for the OP because he/she is using a Lindsay Ellingson image for the avatar!

You don't seem to be experienced with TickStory, or Tick Data Suit, or experienced with MT4 back-testing practices or even know why virtual/stealth stops are useful in getting more accurate results during back-tests.

So, please stop trolling the thread as you are not contributing anything useful!